~17. Finally Falling~

~Eva's POV~

Walking up to the dressing room Caroline was in I hesitated, wondering whether I should be here. After all, we were not very familiar with each other.

Hesitantly I knocked on the door and after a while, a soft voice came out.

"Come in." Her voice sounded wounded so small as if she was crying. Now without any hesitation, I walked in only to find Caroline quickly wiping her tears away.

She was wearing a green-colored dress similar to the one I've seen earlier but the design and the style of it were very different. And as I thought it complimented her very well.

But the little beauty's eyes were now covered with tears making me move towards her and take her in a comforting hug, and she immediately had her arms around me. But her sobs increased as if the pain had finally irrupted out of her.

"Shh, shh, it's alright. Cry it out, let it all go." I soothed patting my hand comfortingly on her back.

"He... why did he do this to me?" She asked me in a small voice after moving away from me. The blonde took a deep breath as if to calm herself, "I mean, at first when I asked him to escort me he said he was not free, that he has work at the grill. But now as soon as Elena asked him he dropped everything and came running. Why, why? Elena, she doesn't even try but everyone always likes her and I try, I try so hard but why does nobody want me?!" A small pang hit me at her words, even my eyes watered at the pain in her voice. And as her voice cracked at the end all I wanted to do was hit Matt within an inch of his life.

"Caroline, Caroline listen to me. We want you! Bonnie and I want, we are your friends we will always be with you. If a man doesn't appreciate you he is not worth your tears. Please don't cry?" I wiped her tears away feeling bad for her.

"It doesn't matter anyway now," Caroline suddenly muttered, " Elena was obviously going to win and now even my boyfriend is with her." She let out a scoff looking resigned.

"Alright, no none of that. Having Matt with her doesn't mean she is going to win. NO, what you are going to do now is wipe those tears and calm down. Then you are going to walk your beautiful self down those stairs and win. You are going to show that stupid arse what a little shit he is and what the bloody hell he is missing! Believe me, I know you can do it." I encouraged stopping her self deprecating thoughts.

"Really? You really think that?" She asked me looking slightly shocked.

"Yeah, I really do." I nodded and she smiled slightly before turning back to the mirror to fix her make-up.

"Good, now go me and Bonnie will be waiting for you okay." She nodded before walking out now that time is almost up.

By the tie I came outside Bonnie was waiting for me with both Stefan and Damo beside her.

"Oh you are here, how did it go with her?" Bonnie immediately asked concerned.

"She is very upset. Matt is a bloody idiot." I said in distaste shaking my head.

Bonnie sighed probably not knowing what to do.

"But don't worry, she is going to do well today." I continued. Bonnie nodded smiling relieved.

"That's good. Elena hadn't known Matt rejected Caroline's offer. She had thought it was Caroline who refused." Bonnie spoke then giving us the other side of the story.

Hearing her Damon groaned as if hearing something embarrassing and I did not look at Stefan to see what his reaction was. I was still feeling conflicted about what happened with him.