~43. Family~

~Eva's POV~

Looking at the comical looks on their faces laughter shook me, just thinking how they would react when they actually hear who it is, had me anticipating the moment very much.

"Who is it?" Elijah popped the question and Edward immediately looked up staring with eager eyes.

But just for the sake of it, I continued prolonging the inevitable.

"Well, it's a she..." I trailed off and Jasper on the side snorted understanding what I did not tell, that little Edward's mate was not a male. While it would have been hilarious to watch a perfectly straight Edward dealing with that the actual truth was even more hilarious.

"Alright, alright, I won't hold it in anymore, while you guys won't know her, my darlings mates know her very well. You ould she is kind of an archenemy of them as her name's Katherine Pierce!" I announced and waited for it...

1, 2, 3...

"What?!" Came the disbelieving voices of my mates, each having shocked looks on their faces.

I couldn't really blame them, even I was shocked to my core, who would have thought, manipulative, cheating, thieving, slutty and bitchy Katherine would be virtuous, good samaritan Edward's mate.

"W-why are you all reacting that way?" Edward questioned hesitantly and Damon immediately jumped up ready to straighten out the entire lifetime of Katherine Pierce.

"Of course, It's bec-" But before he could finish I quickly intervened.

"Well! Now that everything is settled, it's time we went home. So bye, bye!" I exclaimed dragging the four troublemaking mates of mine along with me, with the help of my magic.

But before leaving I did not forget to offer, "Edward, think of it carefully. About in two days, we will be going back home. If you wanna tag along, you're always welcome." With that we left, me practically pushing four grown males into our vehicle.

As soon as the doors closed Damon hissed, "Why the hell did you stop me?!"

"Because it was his mate you were going to blast. Let them handle it, don't meddle." I admonished all the while driving.

"I agree with Eva." Elijah put in a word and Stefan nodded along agreeing with my noble one. But darling Niklaus shared a look with Damon, to which Damon shrugged pointing at me. Clearly, the British arse was taking the American one's side.

"She deserves it." Niklaus groused again, Damon nodded in agreement making me look between the two.

"When did you two become friends?" I asked hiding the laughter bubbling up in me.

"Friends? Who me? With the hybrid? Never!" Damon immediately denied it and Niklaus too did not sit still, taking instant offense.

"Eva love, don't insult me. He makes the stupid look clever." And on it went, the two were squabbling while Stefan and Elijah tried to stop it.

Oh, how I loved the four of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was still light out when we came home and to my surprise, the others were waiting for us with Finn in tow.

Seeing this Damon, Stefan, and I joined Caroline on the side questioning with our eyes, what was going on?

"Finn has something to say." She mouthed before pointing to the main characters of the moment.

Rebekha and Kol stood together their arms crossed over their chests while Finn stood up from his sitting position facing the newly arrived Nik and Elijah.