~05. Gut Feelings~

~Eva's POV~

Early morning after getting ready to start the day I took out the box underneath my bed, knowing it was time to move out of the Salvatore house.

Taking the letter and the bank cards in my hand I kept the rest in the box.

Lifting it up I walked out hoping to find Damon or Stefan. Since I was still unfamiliar with Mystic Falls.

"Stefan! You here?!" I shouted out walking down the stairs.

Seconds later Stefan flashed infront of me looking worried.

"What? What is wrong? Are you okay?"

"Hold on, hold on. Nothings wrong. Calm down soldier." I laughed trying to appease him.

Looking embarassed he laughed with me making me laugh more at his awkwardness.

"Good to know that you do not brood all the time." I quiped teasing him.

"I don't brood. I'm perfectly fine." He replied immediately but amusement was clear in his eyes.

"You so do. And it will increase in the future." The words escaped me before I could stop them.

"Oh." He mumered understanding the implication. Making me feel bad.

"Hey, I'm sorry Stefan. I didn't mean-" But he cut me off.

"Do you really know what's going to happen?" He asked. To which I nodded having nothing to hide.

"But you are not convinced." I stated seeing his turmoil.

"Okay, then let me tell you about something from the past. Something only you knew." I told him.

"What? Damon knows everything about me." He said in return.

"No Stefan this is before you turned. She was your first love, Valerie." I told him the last part a whisper.

Hearing her name made him pause surprise all over his face.

"How do you... How?"

"I know everything remember." I told him with a smile trying to make it light regretting bringing up the subject.

Seeing him being downcast made my guilt increase.

"Stefan I'm sorry, did I overstep?"

"No, no it's alright. It was a long time ago and I don't think she even felt the same way." He replied trying to look nonchalent.

"It's okay Stefan, and she had a good reason for not coming that day. Don't blame her. She did love you." I told him softly.

She was his first love and the first girl who hurt him, so of course he cared. It did not matter if a hundred years passed.

"And Stefan, when you are ready and if you did not get to know the reason in the future, come and ask me I'll tell why."

The words were at the tip of my tongue, yet I swallowed them back unwilling to make promises I would not be able to keep.

After all I did have to go back home. So I kept quiet but thankfully Stefan changed the subject.

"So why did you want earlier?"

"Oh right! I kinda want your help." I said with a sheepish smile. Embarassed to even ask. Since from the time I've arrived here I've been asking for their help.

But Stefan being the good person he is did not hesitate to ask, "What is it?"

So without explaining I showed him the letter ready to share everything now that I have met with the witch and cleared most of my doubts.