~56. Ahh... The Cure~

~3rd POV~
A motorbike whizzed past the 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' sign waking a cloud of dust along with it that early night. The rider getting down off it after arriving in front of the Mystic Grill.
Removing the helmet he let out a smirk already feeling the inhuman presence of his prey. The town was filled with them and Conner was here to hunt them to their last.
But as always most plans don't always go according to how they wished, especially with Originals and a certain otherworldly being around.
~Eva's POV~
I was shaken awake by a flustered Caroline who immediately snuck a newspaper under my nose as soon as my blurry eyes fluttered open.
After the heavy and strenuous exercise yesterday I felt pleasantly sore and did not want to do anything other than sleep some more. But apparently, the world had decided it was against me today for not even one of my mates were present to shoo away this blonde bombshell in front of me.
Irritatingly I smacked away the newspaper from my face before stumbling my way to the bathroom leaving a, both distressed and amused Caroline behind me.
"Give me a minute to wake up..." I mumbled something along that as I passed her firmly locking the bathroom behind my back so I could extend closing my eyes for a few more minutes.
For all the bleeding hells! I was not a morning person!
And I did not even feel like shouting it out loud, could only wail it inside my heart. Oh well, that's enough I guess.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few minutes later a very awake me came downstairs to see the whole gang of supernaturals in Mystic Falls gathered in Mikaelson living room.
"What happened?" I asked planting myself between Elijah and Stefan, snuggling into them as I looked towards Caroline.
"Something happened yesterday, 12 council members died in a fire yesterday. But mom told me that it seemed to be man-made."
And before I could comment Damon darling jumped in.
"So what does this have to do with us? A bunch of humans died in a fire. Happens every other week somewhere in the world." Damon waved away the matter not convinced that this was something to be taken seriously.
But nobody noticed the way Kol's expression darkened, he seemed to be recalling something unpleasant, before it returned normal after Damon spoke seeming to shake away his doubts.
"Listen first, Salvatore! It's not only the fire, there is a new hunter in town too. Bonnie told me he attacked Tyler! And he was very strong! When has anything been normal in Mystic Falls? A fire that took the lives of the council members and a new Hunter with strength far more than a regular human. I say something is very wrong." Caroline reasoned looking particularly paranoid for some reason, and in this case, I have to say her paranoia was right on spot.
For now, I thought to keep the matter about the five to myself. I could not reveal it till after the funeral.
And it seemed like it was doing fine on its own even without my input for despite not capturing the vampires unlike originally the council members still died after all.
Even though nothing came out of the discussion everyone had to attend the funeral, which had us busy the next two days.
Getting dressed in a black knee-length frock I arrived at the venue with Rebekah and Caroline only to stop short at the entrance as Elena and Bonnie too arrived from the other side. Enzo and Tyler right behind them, accompanying Bonnie.
Bonnie came forward for a hug and we reciprocated gladly before the atmosphere turned a bit awkward as our attention turned to Elena.
To be honest it had been some time since I saw her last. Unlike the TV show, Elena was not a vampire this time and after the whole Esther fiasco, she had been lying very low.
But considering the occasion, it was not surprising to meet her here.
Honestly speaking I do not know how to act with her.
I don't particularly like her or particularly hate her. Indifference it is then.
So giving a calm nod I entered the place Rebekah in tow while Caroline remained behind.
I can understand, they had been friends since childhood after all. And maybe Elena had turned for the better. Ahh, who knows?
Nik, Elijah and Kol sat on the furthest rows while Damon and Stefan with me sat on the middle ones.
Everything was going just fine and Elena even got to say few words successfully due to her not being a vampire this time.
Then Tyler too went up. Shit, I forgot to warn him.
For some reason, I felt very uncomfortable, as if something threatening was nearby. And if we take into account the town we were in, it meant the hunter was definitely nearby.
Oh, bloody hell!
Immediately I looked towards Bonnie sending a wave of magic towards her gaining her attention. And seeing my concerned face she sat up tension coursing through her body. I quickly motioned towards Tyler who was not speaking but before any of us could do anything a gunshot rang through the air and Tyler dropped down the bullet having hit him through the chest.
"Tyler!!" Bonnie shouted running forward at the same time Mrs Lockwood arrived at the stage crouching next to Tyler who was not gritting his teeth in annoyance.
Thank god for Nik's Hybrid obsession.
People creamed panicking running out of the place while we all supernatural creatures rushed to Tyler. Bonnie quickly turned him around wrenching away the bullet that hit him while Tyler groaned in pain breathing in rapidly blood seeping onto his shirt.
"I'm gonna kill that bastard!" He ground out.
"I can smell human blood." Stefan suddenly spoke.
Ah right, April...
"You go check that, we will take care of things here," I told him and he and Damon whooshed away.
Bonnie checked on Tyler while Mrs Lockwood looked rattled her hands shaking.
"I-I'm calling an ambulance." She muttered.
"No...We can take care of him..." Caroline tried to cut in but the older woman firmly shook her head.
"The entire town saw him getting shot. I am calling for an ambulance." She muttered already on work while I stayed silent throughout feeling it was about time I filled in them with the rest of the story.
But first...
"Why the hell did you come up here?!" I hissed at Tyler while Bonnie sat next to him protectively.
"I knew the bastard would come here. I did it to draw him out. And you know I am not easy to take out." Tyler spoke confidently and I had to refrain myself from face palming myself for Bonnie's expression did not look good at all.
"What do you mean not easy to take out?! Are you absolutely insane?" She nearly screeched while I tried calming her.
"I'm sorry I forgot to warn you, but I thought you would not go up," I spoke softly looking apologetically at the two knowing it was not enough.
But it was already pretty good that I care for so many.
"Let's get out of here first." Kol broke the awkward silence and we nodded. Tyler, Bonnie, Enzo, Caroline going to the hospital while the rest of us going back home after Stefan and Damon joined us back.
They had managed to save April and she was well alive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Elijah's POV~
Even before we all reached home I knew Eva had something to tell. That morning when Caroline spoke of the fire and the hunter as always she had been very calm as if not at all surprised by the happenings.
And also she had not done anything to stop it, which is what baffles me the most.
For usually she is always several steps ahead.
It was as if it was required for the following things to happen. And I do not quite know if it was very good.
None of it sat right with me.
I had a foreboding feeling that whatever was coming was going to trigger a chain of events that might put the entire supernatural kind in danger, and Eva was stifling all of it in, only giving out information little by little as if fearing bringing out an even worse effect.
I did not like it, that was too much responsibility on her.
"You know what is going, don't you my love?" I questioned her as we sat down and she nodded snuggling against me.
"I know, but I do not if it was right to let things run as originally it was supposed to or completely stop it from even happening. I fear outside forces may influence if I go with the second option." She admitted, an intangible pressure bearing down on us at her words.
"I am not saying that it would be 'destroy the world' dangerous. It is just, too much change is not good. For I am not father and even he does not meddle with the mortal worlds much. Everything has a predestined fate, sometimes the destined fight against it or go along with it.
But it should be their choice and considering I am not of this world too much of my interference would one day come to bite me in my arse one day. But I guess we could always do some little changes from here and there."
Eva shrugged, not looking particularly bothered despite her heavy words and I still could not get used to her Calling God father.
"Alright, let's put the fighting fate and challenging impending doom away for a minute. What exactly is going on with the hunter Eva?" Niklaus spoke as usual filtering out the things he does not think necessary focusing on what he needs.
"He is one of the five." Eva sighed out and just like the four of us stilled.
Kol, Niklaus, Rebekah and I exchanged glances with each other remembering another time when we had our encounter with the same kind.
The brotherhood of five, five hunters solely devoted to killing vampires and finding something I or my family do not wish to find.
Once upon a time, Rebekah may have wished for it, but after finding Barak I knew, it was not what she wished for anymore.
"But Corner, the hunter does not know his purpose and some of the information you have is not accurate either." She said softly straightening up her eyes firmly on Kol who looked ready to pounce on someone.
"Kol! What is the matter?" I questioned but the boy did not answer.
"We have to stop him. Or the hunter will wake him up." Kol spoke instead surprising me.
"What are you talking about?" Stefan asked but it was Niklaus who reacted sighing in exasperation.
"Oh not again with your fables about the end of the world. Those are only rumours Kol."
"Well, not really." Eva cut in.
"Let's start this from the beginning shall we so that we can save time on finding the  information I already know." She muttered before getting up.
"But we need Bonnie here before that. She will be the first victim if she is not informed of this properly."
Accepting we waited for her to call the witch and for her to arrive, Caroline and probably Bonnie's mate surely following along.
It took a little time but as everyone finally gathered she started speaking.
"It started two thousand years ago...
Initially when I created the mortals wielding magic they were never supposed to have immortality. In exchange for the powerful force they wield was their normal human life, ageing to only a hundred at most.
But two thousand years ago a couple of travellers, one of the magic wielders I created desired to live eternally. To be together and lover forever.
So the woman, Quetsiya created an immortality spell, two bloody chalices prepared for the two of them, to take upon the day they joined together in marriage forever.
But as always it did not go as planned, for the man, Silas was in love with another. Quetsiya's handmaiden, Amara.
Not knowing of this, that day only Quetsiya waited at the alter, Silas never did attend and the two chalices that contained the spelled blood was missing too. Not long after the flowers withered and Quetsiya knew the Immortality spell had been completed and it was not her Silas chose in the end.
Incensed, angry and hurt Quetsiya sought vengeance, so she sought them out finding Amara alone. Amar despite being immortal was nowhere near powerful as Quetsiya and so it was easy for her to deal with the little traitor.
When Silas came back it was to a tent filled with blood and the only organ remaining was a heart. Angry he demanded why, the besotted fool.
Quetsiya easily gave him the answers. Like she had made the immortality spell, she also created a countermeasure for it..."
"The cure for vampirism..." Rebekah whispered.
And Eva nodded continuing with the story.
"Yes, she created a cure. The cure for immortality. And she told him that she shoved t down Amara's throat before killing her. And that she created the other side which trapped in supernatural beings after they die. The crazy girl was so in love with Silas that she wanted to die together with him so that could be together in the afterlife.
Obviously, he did not agree. And Quetsiya was a very very powerful witch. And the only witch I've seen who could almost rival her is Bonnie who is from the same bloodline. So when Silas refused to take the cure and die together with her she turned him into stone, along with the cure before locking him away, forever alone and far, far away from his beloved."
"Damn! That's..." Damon trailed off most probably speechless.
"Quetsiya is one scary scorned woman," Enzo added in his two cents making the guys laugh while the girls glared.
~Eva's POV~
Ha, indeed the idiots would find it funny.
Stupid Silas besotted Amara and foolish Quetsiya.
"Serves the bastard right," Bonnie muttered next shooting Enzo a glare which promptly shut him up as he gave her a cheeky smile, while Tyler shook his head at Enzo's antics.
"Let's get back to the main topic shall we?" Nik spoke up, cutting a glare at the three.
"So you mean if we want this cure will have to wake Silas?" He questioned and I nodded.
"Yes, and I propose we acquire it if we don't want any other use it against us. Also, it is very important for some future matters."
"Absolutely not! We cannot risk waking Silas. He would bring hell on earth and I much prefer the world as it is." Kol objected standing up while I sighed already expecting this.
"If he wakes up we will take care of him. But, now that a new hunter of the five is found I need the cure in my hands lest someone decides to find it and use it against me." The brothers looked ready to tear at each other and I almost facepalmed at their typical behaviour.
"Niklaus! Kol! Calm down. It is not the time to act like children!" Elijah admonished coming between them while Rebekah sighed already familiar with their behaviour.
Stefan and Damon hid smiles as if enjoying the play but kept themselves from laughing out loud when my glare landed on them.
"Enough! No hell is going to descend upon earth. Silas is not as scary as the stories say." They all looked at me at that, "Well not that much." I added in afterthought thinking of his ability to enter minds.
"Sit down and we'll talk about what to do. I think we have come a long way from just fighting each other to get matters done." Thankfully Caroline managed to calm Kol down dragging him away from Nik who settled beside my face nuzzling my neck seeking comfort.
"Both of you are right. The cure is needed and Silas must be stopped but to the latter, we need the former. Besides even if we do not bother with this the others would not act the same. So let matters run their course and when the time comes we will have what we seek."
After that, I briefly explained about the Corner and Professor Shane who I'm sure would soon arrive in town.
But what I'm not sure about is Hayley Marshall. After all, Tyler never did visit the Appalachians.
Soon Niklaus and Damon departed to capture Corner while Stefan, Elijah and I searched for more information regarding the cure. It does not hurt to know more after all and since this involved Silas and Questsiya, I had to pay a little bit more attention.
It had been two thousand years. How time flies...