~52. The Creators~

~3rd POV~

Basil watched in worry God's wrath descended upon his mate and Lucifer. He was apprehensive, but there was nothing he or anybody else could do about it.

Both Evangelina and Lucifer had brought upon the fall of mankind, making paradise, a paradise no more.

Both Eva and Adam were sentenced to a fate of doom and mortality due to this.

Basil had known that the two had been especially reluctant and opposing of the idea of giving paradise to mankind, but to the extent of sabotaging with God's work?

He could only sigh and wish nothing extreme would happen to them.

Evangelina was a great Queen, loving to her kind and fierce to her enemies. There was non-other like her who could selflessly serve on behalf of her kind, command the mass and punish the deserving with the vicious of the methods.

But both her and Lucifer had gotten used to being God's favorite and now with another coming in between, in their mind it had unwittingly become that the new addition had come to take their places.

It could be blamed on ignorance and pride, but a crime was still a crime.

And within this, the only thing Basil was terrified over was losing his mate. She was his life, the other part of him. He would not be able to live without her.

It would be absolute torture.

While he was concerned over this, the Light Warriors did not particularly care for the new development, since whatever their queen did was the absolute law.

But the angels were not so, half supported the god's decision while the others followed Lucifer in his rebellion bringing discontent to heaven, and in passing, Evangelina got involved too. And the most infuriating of all was that she did not regret it either, for every time God has been lenient whenever the both of them acted willfully.

But this time Basil feared Evangelina would not be able to escape punishment-free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And as Basil expected punished they were. Lucifer was banished from heaven with his army of rebels sent to overlord hell while Evangelina was cast down to the mortal world to live with the same kind she despised.

And the developments weighed akin to lead upon the two soulmates.

Evangelina had hugged Basil tightly in her arms tracks of tears falling down her beautiful eyes as the gravity of the situation and what she had wrought sunk into her.

"I never intended for this to happen." She had sobbed in his arms while Basil had only been able to return her hug equally desperate, as bitterness stretched across his heart.

"I know my love, I know." He murmured softly, his hands stroking her hair softly.

Evangelina did not regret her actions in helping Lucifer but the fact that she would have to stay away from her mate. She still very much hated the new kind that had taken her father's attention.

Hence with a tear-filled goodbye and a rage-filled heart, Evangelina stepped on Earth, thereon to live without the luxury of having her mate, people with her.

The first few centuries Evangelina roamed the mortal world accompanying the growth of humans, her being becoming colder and colder as days passed, missing her mate, missing her home.

She craved Basil's presence and the tears she'd shed were enough to form a river, yet God did not forgive, her punishment continued.

In the Soul-Beast Realm, Basil overlooked the realm, his days as torturous and painful as Evangelina's.