~61. Beginning of a New Chapter~

~Eva's POV~

Everyone quickly calmed down regarding the doppelganger situation, already used to such bizarre situations, especially considering everyone's history with Petrova doppelgangers.

But the problem was a restless Silas who refused to calm down and listen till he saw Amara with his own eyes.

Thankfully Bekah and Barak did not delay further, for they arrived just as Silas was ready to put on another tantrum.

I swear these men loved to make simple situations complicated with their irrelevant egos and prides.

And yes I am thinking of Damon and Niklaus while thinking this for they were not any different if I have anything to say so.

Stefan and Elijah too at times.

The couple entered with a human-sized box before setting it in the middle of the room before standing to the side quickly eyebrows raised at me.

I shook my head slightly before motioning to Silas who looked at me now hesitant and anxious before slowly opening it, revealing the frozen in time Amara, as beautiful as always.

"No," Silas whispered eyes tearing as his finger trailed down her sculpted face pain plain on his face.

I silently excused myself, arriving back with several blood bags.

Silas quickly took action, first smearing blood along her lips, a large amount of it. And slowly, as we all watched Amara stirred lips moving ever so slightly as she let the flowing blood enter her mouth.

Taking it as his cue Silas held the now ruptured bag to her and slowly the ashy grey color receded from Amara's body, revealing human skin. And soon her hand came up grasping onto the bag tightly as she drained it dry, drinking faster and faster as more bags were provided.

After that was over Silas waited with awaited breath while we carefully watched her open her eyes locking directly into Silas's green ones.

"Silas." She whispered and Silas nodded, love clear in his gaze. "My love."

But soon his expectations turned to dust as she started acting hysterically eyes moving around frantically. Upon laying eyes on the rest of us she became even more frightened moving further away from us, all of Silas's words of consoling falling into deaf years.

"Stay away from me... No! Leave me alone!" She mumbled as she stumbled about shuddering before finally crouching down letting out a heartbreaking scream.

"What is wrong with her?!" Silas demanded looking at me desperately.

"The two thousand years of freezing had caused her severe mental, psychological, and emotional trauma. She will not want to live long." I spoke softly while Silas stood still.

"Imagine yourself, having to endure two thousand years of supernatural deaths and the inability to tell which being is living and not. She is exhausted. You can try, try and calm her down. If not I will not have any way to help, except for changing the anchor for the other side."

"My love, please listen to me. I've waited for you for so long and now we are finally together." Silas pleaded but Amara shook her head.

"I cannot live anymore. And I was not supposed to live for so long. Please let me go... please let me go..." Amara too pleaded as she looked at Silas with something akin to devastation.

Both of them did love each other, but while one wanted to live together forever the other wanted to die and be in peace escaping the torturous fate she had been originally subjected to.