24. eden is afraid of dark, black, pits...

Eden's apologies went out to anyone whose car was sat in that parking lot

Eden's apologies went out to anyone whose car was sat in that parking lot. She could only pay them with kind words and hopes that their insurance covered vehicles falling into a cavern do to an explosion.

She focused on Leo, rather than the destruction, partially because she could not bear to see whatever shape Annabeth could possibly be in. But when a scream rung out, she quickly ran to the railing and peered over the edge. She glimpsed a large creature falling through a black whole in the floor, that seemed to be made of carpet, but upon further inspection was actually spider webs. Eden's heart ached for Annabeth; she naturally hated spiders.

Percy's cracking tenor rang out like a canon, "Annabeth!"

"Here!" A voice, obviously broken, responded.

The Argo II descended closer to the ground and the horrifying scene became clearer.

Annabeth stood shakily, a smile on her face as her eyes passed over each of her crewmates. A large statue, assumedly the Athena Parthenos, sat atop the webbed floor, holes surrounding it.

"The rope ladder!" Eden called out, gesturing for Frank to lower it as he was closest. Her heart leaped as she watched Percy quickly climb down towards his love. Bodies crashing together, they collided into a hug after Percy dragged Annabeth away from a tear.

In the corner of her eye, Eden caught Leo looking away from the controls and delivering her a knowing smile.

Eden waited patiently as Nico climbed down, then headed after to help.

They gathered around Annabeth, taking in the sight of their broken friend.

"Oh, Annabeth, what happened?" Piper asked, pointing to the girl's ankle which was wrapped in duct tape and bubble wrap.

She started to explain. The whole journey, from the moment Percy had left her. Eden's face shifted from one of horror to awe to amazement. Her heart jumped with love for her brave friend.

"Gods of Olympus," Jason said. "You did all that alone. With a broken ankle."

"Well...some of it with a broken ankle."

Percy grinned. "You made Arachne weave her own trap? I knew you were good, but Holy Hera—Annabeth, you did it. Generations of Athena kids tried and failed. You found the Athena Parthenos!"

Everyone gazed at the statue.

"What do we do with her?" Frank asked. "She's huge."

"That's not very nice to say about a lady." Eden commented, smiling at both Frank's flushed face and Leo's proud expression.

"We'll have to take her with us to Greece," Annabeth said. "The statue is powerful. Something about it will help us stop the giants."

"The giants' bane stands gold and pale," Hazel quoted. "Won with pain from a woven jail." She looked at Annabeth with admiration. "It was Arachne's jail. You tricked her into weaving it."