"But they're dangerous!" Shadow snapped, gaining the attention of the rest of the group. Apparently they had been trying to scan the core creature with the Pokedex, but couldn't get an entry with their current models. Clemont thought it was a new species. "What I mean is," Shadow began, piping back down, "we can't risk it again! Who knows what he's planning this time, all about his grand ideals for a world without humanity and instead full of 'beauty', and he's perfectly ready to use those things to get what he wants."

"But this time we're ready," Zenith stopped them from arguing further. "Last time we were kids, still learning about the world and developing our talents. Now, though? We've had years to prepare, and even if it means violence, we have a duty to protect the people of Kalos, and the world. From what I can tell, since one of their cores has escaped, their plan isn't complete, so we have time to come up with one of our own. When the time comes, we won't have a repeat of last time."

The honey blonde looked at her sisters, all just as terrified as she was. They had seen firsthand what criminals with great power could do, and how they'd destroy anything in their way to achieve their goals. Even so, she believed in them with her entire self, trusted them with her life in a heartbeat. Her Pokemon, her family, her friends... an entire world that would be defenseless if they stood by and let Lysandre win.

"Rose, Blaze, I know Arrow and Wave won't want to fight against their brethren again, but if worse comes to worst, they might be all we have. And if not..." She held up her palm, the pink highlights in her hair glowing slightly as the wind picked up, before she curled it into a fist. "I don't want to use anything that will be unnecessary, but time has shown it can be kind or it can be cruel."

"We promised Mother that we would protect our identities no matter what humanity did," Crystal began, "but you're right. Even she wouldn't stand by and let our world be destroyed. If it'll really take everything, I'm willing to use try."

"We can win." It sounded as if Pine was trying to convince herself of that. "We can win," she repeated, more certain this time.

"I, for one, won't let that Pyroar-haired coward best me again," Shadow agreed. "So we're taking care of this... thing, huh?" She let out a bitter laugh. "I thought we finally put this behind us."

"When has the universe ever let us rest, sister?" Zenith asked with a shake of her head as she watched Bonnie pet the green creature, having already declared to take care of it. The others protested, but the Sawyers dismissed their group to stand on Bonnie's side. "She's right. This little creature might not look like much right now, but it needs protecting from a kind soul that can take care of it, offer food and shelter. Things we can provide for a little lost Pokemon, and it can also work as a learning experience, teaching responsibility. As long as Bonnie isn't overwhelmed looking after three Pokemon?"

The girl shook her head feverishly. "Nope! I'm totally willing to learn about it and protect it and love it!" She looked down at the small Pokemon. "If you don't have a name yet, then I'll just give you one! Now, let me see... It's squishy," Bonnie noted, gently pressing on down on its small body. "So I'll call you Squishy!"

"That's a great name!" Ash said before Shadow could protest, which she was milliseconds away from doing. "Squishy..."

"It's nice to meet you, Squishy," Crystal cooed, having a sweet spot for any young Pokemon in need of love.

"Squishy's a dumb name for a legendary Pokemon," Shadow hissed, but Pine and Zenith both slapped their hands over her mouth. "What? I'm just saying," she grumbled through gritted teeth as they let go.

"Quiet, you."

"Just keep it away from me," Serena said dryly, visibly disgusted by the creature.

"To think you always give me grief about unimaginative names," Clemont joked, ignoring Serena in favor of knocking his little sister down a peg. Pikachu, Dedenne, and Eevee all introduced themselves to Squishy as Bonnie set it down and introduced them.

Just then, the ground began to shake as a stampede of Dodrio ran by, knocking Bonnie and Serena over as a Grovyle ran after them. It ended up being Sawyer's, the boy Ash had met and battled before Valerie's show. He was running after his Grass-Type, panting heavily when he finally caught up.

"Hey, it's you guys! I can't believe I ran into you."

"What was all that?" Shadow asked, gesturing at the two girls on the ground and the bird footprints all over the place.

"I was trying to catch one..."

"So that's why you were chasing them," Ash summarized.

"Chasing hostile Pokemon and causing a stampede isn't the best way to catch a Pokemon, but at least he's got style," Pine remarked.

Bonnie suddenly jumped up, looking around frantically. "Hey, my Squishy's gone!"

"Who's a squishy?" Sawyer asked, but the sisters all felt a sense of dread.

Oh no... If that little guy already got lost, it could end up right back in their hands all over again!

~

Lost already!? Jeez, Squishy, you're going to give these poor kids heart attacks- especially since the sisters have dealt with your kind in the past, including the very same people that have hunted you down.

Goodbye for now,

Zenith