Opposites Attract

A/N: Look at me, making a comeback! Please go check out these new OC's on my Instagram! My personal and main account is starlord_pantz and my cosplay account is mick.does.cosplay 

"What do you mean, you think you like Bakugou?" Mina asked, a forkful of food hovering close to her mouth. 

Birdie sighed and pushed her hair behind her shoulders. "I don't think I like him, I know I do."

"How can you be so sure, amigo?" Sero added. 

"Because I've liked him since we were kids. I've always looked up to him, and I've been a bit jealous of his confidence and his sureness that he'll be the number one hero." Birdie played with her food a little and her wings tucked behind her. 

Kirishima patted her shoulder. "I'm sure you'll find a way to tell him."

Birdie lifts her head and looks at the redhead. "How? Everytime I even attempt to talk to him, he starts throwing insults and explosions at me."

"Send him a note or a song?" Sero suggested. 

Birdie shrugs and takes her plate with her to the trashcan. She dumps out the food she didn't eat and leaves the plate on the rack nearby before leaving the lunchroom. She walked slowly down the hall with her hands behind her back, humming softly. Birdie knew sooner or later she'd have to tell Bakugou how she feels because, if she doesn't, someone else might take him.

"Hey! Bird brain!" Bakuguou's familiar harsh tone stopped Birdie's walk toward her dorm room. Birdie sighed before turning to him. 

"Yes, Katisuki?" Birdie asked. She was the only one who ever used his first name. 

Bakugou slammed her against the wall, his hands on both sides of her head as he looked down at her. Birdie's wings puffed up and a hint of blush crossed her cheeks. "What were you doing talking to my friends?" He asked in a low voice.

"...They're my friends too, Katisuki. You can't just claim people as your friends and then expect other people to just not interact with them," she retorted, furrowing her eyebrows. 

"Answer the question, you stupid bird!" Bakugou snarled, his face close to hers.

Birdie's face flushed a dark red and her wings fluttered. Her heart was slamming against her ribcage and she swallowed a rising lump in her throat. "I-I was just a-asking them s-some advice, K-Katisuki..." Her voice trembled. 

Bakugou huffed and let her go. He gave her a sideways glance before storming off, smoke practically steaming from his ears. Birdie froze for a moment. This was her chance to say something, right? I mean, if she didn't say anything now, this would be it. 

"Katisuki, wait!" she called out to him, jogging to catch up to him. 

Birdie would quickly realize this was a bad idea. 

Bakugou whipped around and Birdie had no time to stop herself. The two of them collided and Bakugou was sent to the floor on his back with Birdie right after him in a heap of feathers. Students nearby turned to see what the commotion was. Birdie was hovering over Bakugou with her hands on either side of his face; her feathers distraught and her face redder than ever. Bakugou looked up at her and his cheeks went a light pink. 

"What are you doing you stupid bi-"

Bakugou's words were cut off by Birdie placing her lips on his. The moment ended as soon as it started and before he knew it, she was up and off of him. Birdie rushed down the hall with her head down and her wings covering her face and body. She muttered to herself over and over, cursing herself for kissing him, and for being such a klutz. 

Bakugou stood up with a shocked expression plastered to his face. Did Birdie Takami just...kiss him? He did a mental rewind, and, sure enough, he was right. Before anything else could happen, he ran after her. 

Birdie closed the room to her dorm and flicked on the lights. She looked in her mirror and rubbed her face. "Why did I do that~?" she groaned. "He probably hates me even more now, if that's even possible," she sighed. 

After asking for directions from Sero, Bakugou made it to her dorm door. He panted a little and caught his breath before lightly knocking a few times. There was light shuffling from the other side before Birdie opened the door. Her eyes met his and she stiffened a little. "K-Katis-suki...wh-what are you..?"

"Come here, you dumb bird." Bakugou pulled her into a hug, holding her close to his chest. Birdie froze for a moment before melting into the hug and wrapping her arms around his torso. She put her cheek on his chest and closed his eyes, a smile appearing on her face.

Bakugou looked down at her and smiled a little. He had to admit, she was cute. And, he did like her...he has liked her for a while but he wasn't sure how to say it. Bakugou figured her kissing him meant something, but...you can never be too sure. 

"That kiss..." Bakugou tilted her head up towards him with his thumb and forefinger on her chin. "...Did it mean something?"

Birdie looked him in the eyes and nodded. "Of course it was..."

Bakugou smiled. Yes, you read that right. Bakugou...smiled. He leaned down and kissed her, still smiling even as his lips connected with hers. 

Birdie's wings fluttered and she blushed as she kissed back, her mind exploding with excitement and shock. Butterflies swarmed her whole body as he pulled her closer by the waist, their chest touching. She wanted this kiss, this moment, this feeling...to last forever. She stood on her toes and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling them impossibly closer.

However, neither of them have a quirk involving not needing to breathe, so they both pulled away after what felt like forever. Birdie's eyes trailed up from his mouth to his eyes, a smile on her lips and a light blush across her cheeks. Bakugou smiled softly as well and rested their foreheads together. 

"You're still a dumb bird," he looked at her and smiled. "But now you're my dumb bird."