How About A Hug Then? - Dean Winchester x Reader

"Sam, Dean, I'm home~!" you called as the heavy bunker door shut behind you.

Two sets of loud footsteps echoed into the room as you came down the stairs. "Hey, y/n. How'd the supply run go?" Sam asked.

You set the bags on the table and nodded. "All good." You pulled out a box that made Dean's face light up. "I even got the pie."

Sam chuckled and Dean snatched it from your hands. "You, y/n," he grinned. "Are awesome."

You smiled softly before heading to the kitchen to put everything away. The Winchesters followed close behind to help you put everything away. The three of you made your way around the kitchen, putting the groceries in their designated cabinet or in the fridge. Once finished, you thanked the boys.

"We have a few hours before I'm going to make dinner so, if you need me, I'll be in my room," you said before turning around and leaving the kitchen.

When you were out of earshot, Sam turned to Dean. "Is it just me or do they seem a bit...off today," Sam scratched the back of his head.

Dean nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it seems like y/n might've had a bad day or something. I mean, I know that's a hunter's whole life but...normally they're much happier."

Sam thought for a moment. "Why don't you talk to y/n then?"

"What? Why me?" Dean asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Because they trust you more, Dean. And you have a much better relationship with y/n than I do. You're like a father to them," Sam explained.

Dean lets out a long breath through his teeth. Everyone knew he wasn't all that good with, as he called it, "touchy-feely" subjects. It's not his fault either. He tries, but it's not really his thing. However, Sam does have a point. You and Dean had a strong friendship. "Alright," Dean sighed as he walked off to find your room.

A soft knock on your door brought your attention out of your book. "Come in," you said, loud enough for whoever was on the other side to hear.

Dean opened the door and walked in, his hands deep in his pockets. "Hey, y/n," he sat on the edge of your bed.

"Hey," you set your book in your lap. "What's up?"

Dean held his hands in front of him, his eyes on the floor. "Just checking in...seeing if you were doing okay. Sam and I noticed you seemed a bit off lately," he looked up at you.

"Uhm, I'm alright..." you furrowed your eyebrows.

"Come on, y/n. You can tell me the truth. I'm your friend right?" he offered a small smile.

You thought for a moment, chewing on the inside of your cheek. You nodded, and looked at him. "Yeah, you're my friend. Of course you are...it's just hard to say what's going on I guess," you shrugged.

"Well, what can I do to help?," Dean said.

You opened your mouth to say something, but closed it. What could he do to help? you thought. "I don't really wanna talk about it, if that's alright," you replied.

"That's alright," Dean nodded. He looked at his hands before back at you. "Well, I can't offer you a beer since you're too young so I've got nothing," he joked.

You laughed at him, his sense of humor odd but somehow relatable. You heard him chuckle beside you, and you smiled. "How about a hug then?" you suggested.

Dean smiled. "C'mere then."

You scooted across your bed and into Dean's open arms. He hugged you close and protectively, your face smushed against his AC/DC t-shirt. You wrapped your arms around his torso, taking in the scent of his colonge. He ran a hand through your hair and kissed your forehead. Dean's chin rested on your head as you sat there, whatever was on your mind washing away.

At some point, you weren't sure when, you fell asleep. Dean smiled at you, and leaned back on the bed so you could sleep. He didn't break the embrace, humming "Night Moves" by Bob Segar. Dean rubbed your back and allowed you to be as comfortable as possible.

Sooner or later, Dean fell asleep too, his head resting against your pillows. The both of you slept soundly, your chests rising and falling in unison. When Sam came in to say it was time for dinner, he stopped. Smiling to himself, he snapped a picture on his phone and left.

Hours later, you woke up, your eyes adjusting to the dim room. You rubbed the sleep out of them and looked at Dean. He'd woken up as well. You smiled, and hugged his torso. "Thank you, Dean."

Dean kissed your forehead and nodded. "Anytime, kiddo," he smiled. "Anytime."

(813 words)

A/N: I'm sorry it was so short but I thought this would be a cute idea so, why not, right? Please comment some ideas, I need them! Thanks, and stay safe! ~xoxo Mick