VI

[A/N]: ziall is pretty hot, too, tbh. 

        sixth chapter

               THE PAST FEW DAYS were nothing to Louis. He spent all day whether in his room or in his classes, but he barely participated in those. Liam once confronted him about it but the prince had accidentally snapped at him, telling him that it was not his goddamn business but soon apologized to it. Louis didn’t talk to anyone in the castle after that, only muttering out answers if he really had to. His mother and sisters were trying to get him to interact again but he just wouldn’t. He was also avoiding his father as much as possible, skipping breakfast, lunch and supper just to eat hours after the others are done. Niall was with him in those times since it was really his duty to assist the prince. He was the only person Louis would talk to properly.

        While the prince was nowhere to be felt, Harry was secretly wondering what went wrong. He would normally see Louis outside training with Zayn. He may or may have not ask Conrad to have a break once in a while whenever he would see the prince.

        But Conrad was only old, not dumb.

        The old man was aware of Harry’s sexuality because well, Harry had admitted it to him one time. The curly lad was scared to let Conrad know but the old man simply stared at him with a blank expression and said, “I am not going to fuss about it like you are probably expecting.” And Harry was beyond grateful that he had someone he could trust like a father while his own was away from him for time being. It was kept a secret and they were still like the old companions they were.

        It was night; the brunette Irish man was nowhere to be seen. It was already evening, the torches lit up in every area of the kingdom; inside and out. Normally, Niall would be inside Louis’ room after getting Louis’ invitation (which was forbidden but who cares) but the door’s already opened wide with Louis laying on his king-sized bed, hoping that the brunette would pop his head in and ask if he could come in, even though he did almost every single night. Niall did ask for permission after Louis had eaten his supper solitary, telling him, “I will be arriving in your room in just a while. I have some errands to do, but it’s not going to take long, I’ll stay in the kingdom. Is that okay?” and of course, Louis said yes.

        He didn’t want to be impatient but the lad had been gone for nearly two hours now. He pushed himself up until he was sitting up, knees bent on the air and with a slight subconscious pout on his face, “Where could that peasant be?”

        As his caring best friend, Louis decided that it would be best to just find the Irish man himself instead of waiting around in his room. He didn’t want to be alone anymore. Standing up from his bed, Louis walked to his balcony, pushing the doors open and peeking out.

        __

       Harry was outside, sitting on the cut grass outside their hut beside the stone path that leads to the large building. He always found himself sitting anywhere outside just to enjoy the chilly breeze of the evening as well as the moon practically lighting up half of the world. It was relaxing after a hard day’s work. His arms were starting but it would be all good as new once he had slept through it.

        “You coming, Harry?” Mario asked, getting Harry’s attention by tapping on the wooden door.

        “I will stay here for a bit.” Harry answered.

        Mario closed the door, leaving a crack open for Harry before getting to his own room. The castle was quiet because most of the people were already asleep seeing it was already eight in the evening and it was late. Directing his gaze above, he saw the millions of stars twinkling million miles away from him and he always thought of how fascinating they were. He didn’t have time to watch them when he was back at his workshop because he would go straight to sleep after closing up.