XI

[A/N]: should I feel bad that I enjoy writing this so much more than One? Oh and this one is a filler for the big event.

[A/N]: #365 HISTORICAL FICTION ADHNJFKOHD IA ROHSF

            eleventh chapter

            days later

            “”LOULOU?” PHOEBE WHINED AS SHE rubbed at her right eye gently, slowly sitting up. Louis moved to Daisy’s bed and woke her up as well. It’s four in the morning, and he and the twins had to be fast. Charlotte and Felicite were already up, already down in the kitchen as the servants helped them prepare a little something for their mother.

            “Off we go.” Louis ushered them quietly, “Stay silent, and you two know the plan.”

            The twins gasped before they giggled and nodded at Louis. The elder smiled, “Meet me downstairs in the kitchen. Be quiet, yes?”

            After letting the twins put on their coats to keep them warm, he jogged down the long staircase and to the kitchen. It was a busy one today, but Charlotte and Felicite was only targeted to one task. The siblings were planning this for more than a week, and they the first thing they want this day if for them to surprise their mother before she woke up.

            “Is everything set, Lottie?” Louis questioned, looking over his sister’s shoulder. The pastry was decorated beautifully and simply.

            “Just a little bit more …” Felicite answered for her, putting some edible flower decorations all over it.

            “You are doing a great job.” Louis praised. Once finished, they helped put the pastry on a platter and cleaned up. They finished at around a few minutes later, only cleaning up the kitchen with the help of the servants.

            They rush up quietly to clean up themselves this time, managing to finish in fifteen minutes time. They each got their gifts: Louis carefully dug out his gift; a bliaut in the a color of a deep red since its his mother’s favorite color. Louis made sure that its fabric is the best option, which is silk. His mother would love it. At first, he thought of giving her a necklace or maybe a pair of earrings, but his father specifically mentioned to them that he would get her jewelry, so that was out of the list.

            Louis let out a yawn as he, and his four other siblings stepped into the long hallway, decorated with knights and torches. It was dark still, and the sun had yet to rise. About a safe distance from their parents’ room, his father suddenly came out. The group, and the man jumped as they saw each other. The king covered more of his body with his thick coat before silently shutting the door, “Are everything set up?”

            Louis was about to respond, but Lottie beat him to it, so he just nodded in agreement. He was the one carrying the medium-sized pastry while Lottie carried his gift along with hers, while the three others carried theirs.

            “She is still asleep. Be as quiet as you can.” His father whispered.

            All of them silently trudged into the room and his father closed the door behind them and went behind Louis, placing a hand on his shoulder. Louis sighed inwardly at the unusual touch of his father, but let it slide this time.

            The room was dimly lit, and was as gorgeous as ever. It’s clean and organized, and Louis knew he should give his mother some credit, or maybe the servants. In the middle of the room was their bed, slid up against the wall and protected with four bedposts and an outstanding bed crown. His father would have disliked those very much, but Louis knew he would do it for his mum.