V

[A/N1]: I keep on imagining Conrad as Gerard Butler, I don’t even know why.

        fifth chapter

           "WAITING FOR YOUR PRINCE?" CONRAD let out a small grunt as he sat next to Harry, who was sitting by the fields of the farmers. Harry frowned, keeping the orange peels from the orange he had eaten earlier in his closed hand, “What?”

            “You two seem to go well together.” Conrad spoke, “Barely happens.”

            “How we met was kind of an mishap.” Harry shrugged. “It would not happen if he didn’t have the heart to apologize to me.”

            “He did.” The other man pointed out, “And apparently he went on after that. Did you put a spell on him?”           

            Harry grinned as he shook his head, “You caught me.”

            “Hm,” Conrad took notice of the gates opening and he quickly nudged Harry with his elbow as soon as he saw the prince along with some other guards but not the sign of his father, “It looks like someone had a bad day.”

            Harry followed Conrad’s gaze, landing straight on Louis as he was welcomed by his Princess Daisy and Princess Phoebe. Louis only hopped from his horse, having another servant put him into the stables. He only grabbed the girls’ hands before walking to the castle.

            “He looks kind of off.” Harry observed.

            Conrad chuckled, “Don’t act like you two are childhood friends, Harry. Come on, we’ve got work to do.” The much larger man helped Harry up on his feet, dusting himself off. “Come on.”

            “I’m going to find a bin.” Harry gestured to the orange peels he had in his hand.

            “Sure.” Harry rolled his eyes at Conrad’s knowing smirk before walking off. Harry quickly (not) found a bin and threw all his trash there, huffing under his breath as he looked towards the large castle, a small pout on his lips.

            “Saw your prince?” Conrad asked as Harry entered their working place. Harry picked up his mallet to threaten Conrad, who immediately laughed and cursed him out.

            Harry huffed, “I was not looking for him.”

            “It took you more than two minutes to find a bin when there is one in every block of this kingdom.” Conrad snorted, “I am near my fifties, lad, I know when something is going on.”

            “We have only known each other for two days, not counting today, Conrad.” Harry batted him off, “Leave me alone.”

            The others must have caught on, because Patrick was laughing out, “Do you fancy the prince, Harry?”

            “No!” Harry frowned. “That is entirely impossible.”

            It really is. Harry didn’t know, but if anyone were to say that Louis was the fairest human being of all time, he would agree with them without hesitation. He didn’t fancy the prince, but he was really a good person. But if he did, nobody had to know because literally, it would be illegal to like the same gender.

            “Go back to your rooms, alright? I will have a talk with Mother.” Louis stroked at the twins’ locks of hair gratefully.