III

[A/N]: I picked a brunette Niall because hair dye isn't really popular back then so brunette niall. Yeah. bye.

+

          third chapter

        HARRY'S HEART WAS IN his throat as he followed the royalty out of the hut, his shoulder and back getting pats from his fellow men, murmuring something along with the lines of getting in trouble. The curly lad knew they're still peeking as soon as Prince Louis and he walked away from the hut. 

        "It's a good evening, Your Highness." Harry started. "Should I be worried?"

        "Goodness, no." Louis chuckled and Harry gulped at the wide smile the prince was showing off. It was always there on his lips. "I am here to apologize for my idiocy a while ago."

        "What idiocy, Your Highness?" Harry asked but then, "Oh- W-Well, you do not have to apologize, really. I am honored to have the prince disgorge on me." 

        "What?"

        "W-What I meant was...” Harry cleared his throat. "It was purely alright. I did not mind it. I figured you weren't on the right state of mind."

      "I want to thank you, though." Louis nodded. "But I'm here mostly because I embarrassed myself and- stop blushing, love."

          Harry wanted to strangle himself. “I-I’m sorry.”

        “You’re quite a charmer.” Louis hummed to himself. They continued walking around the palace until Louis sat on a large rock while Harry hesitantly took place on the ground. “So you’re a blacksmith, then?”

         Harry corrected him, “Sword smith. I only forge swords, Your Highness.”

      “So that explains the size of your limbs.” Louis crossed his ankles. “But my arms have to be bigger than yours.”

        Was the prince flirting with him or was it just him? He perfectly knew that Louis was far from homosexuality or bisexuality; unlike him. The prince was known to be prone to females and he gladly accepted them. Harry pushed the thought into the back of his mind, “I’d have to disagree on that.” He ran a hand on his arm, pale and a few scars scattered here and there because of the previous burns from forging, “I have been using these since I was a teenager, sir.”

           “Well, I have since I was barely a teenager.” Louis smirked.

         “Oh.” Harry mocked with humor. “So you’ve been forging swords since you were an infant, Your Highness? I highly doubt that.”

         The curly lad let out a subtle sigh of relief as Louis laughed. “Alright, you win- but only because your work is more intense than mine.”

         “I believe that most Prince Charming’s have no work or job to do.” Harry said. “Royalty gets the easy life.”

         “Soon, my father will give me his throne as king, being the only man in the line of five. All I do in my life is to train myself on how to hold a sword and every weapon a lion heart should know, learn how to reign a whole country, and try to get a partner; a female is compulsory, at the age of 25 or so.” Louis explained. “It’s never easy.”

           Harry wanted to question, why compulsory? But he’s already dug himself a cliff. “Well, if you’ll use that kind of argument, then.” He raised a knee up, resting his arm against it. “I was only 15, 16 when I started forging swords back in Cheshire. My father owned the shop first until his body starts to ache all over so I had to take over. He stays in bed every single day and my mother cannot leave because she has to take care of him so it’s just my sister and I. The king, praise his soul, hired me as one of his personal army sword smiths and now I am here. The first night and I’m already having a talk with the prince.”