XXII

[A/N]: I'm back :) (not for good tho)

twenty-second chapter

Through the past few days, Louis repeated the same routine. On the morning, he would have breakfast with his family then check the perimeters of the castle or take his time in the library for a change. He'd have lunch when it's time, bathe, and then he'll go back to the library for his lessons with Liam. After that, he'd dress in a chest armor and grab his –new, favorite- sword. After his classes, he's all tired but it was his favorite time of the day. He get to see his Harry. During a few Saturday's, he had visited his spot at the lake. He didn't need a trail to follow in order to get there. He memorized which way it was.

For the swordsmith, he figured he had the most boring of days but the most eventful of nights. When the sun was up, the only thing he'd do was work.

Ever since Louis got a new sword, which the prince claimed to be beautifully meaningful, he would always come over with a single flower, a different type each night –just like what he promised-. The first one was a tulip.

"Good evening, sword smith." The prince greeted with a wide smile, hands behind his back.

"What is you will, your Highness?" Harry leaned against the doorway, a smirk on his lips.

"To give the fairest man in this hut an equally fair flower." Louis showed Harry the tulip. It's delicately beautiful, its color light and its folds soft.

"May I ask who?"

Louis stares at him for a second before he's surging up to cup Harry's cheeks, connecting their lips together. Harry smiles through the kiss and he swung a strong forearm around Louis and literally lifted the prince up and inside the hut.

That night, Harry also scavenged around the hut to find a jar. Once found, he cut off most of the stem of the tulip and put the head inside the jar ("I will give you one flower every night enough to fill that jar up. And the next.")

Sometimes they got too carried away. There was one time when their laughter was a little bit too loud, lost in their own little bubble, their own worlds, that someone woke up and knocked heavily on Harry's door, "Heaven's sake, lad! Keep it down!"

"Apologies, Anton." Harry stifled a giggle, his eyes bright, "I was just rereading my sister's letters."

"Well, quiet, alright?"

"Will do!"

Through days after, Harry found out that his mother gave birth to another baby boy. They named him Brandon. Harry had been worried sick when Louis saw him. It was a Wednesday so there was no way he could get out of the castle, but when he was allowed to, he did visit his Mother, who had been pitifully sick after her pregnancy. Louis remembered hiring a private doctor for her, and he set him off secretly without anyone but Harry and him knowing.

A month had gone by too fast, and they would do the same thing; hide and keep quiet. Sometimes, Louis slept over –a little daredevil—and he would wake up hours before the sunrise. Harry felt extremely guilty and embarrassed because he should be the one sacrificing for his prince.

"Love ..." Louis brushed Harry's hair back. It had grown extremely long, inches after the back of his neck and the prince loved it so dearly, "Love, I'm going to go now."

He wouldn't want to wake Harry up, but the sword smith said –ordered—for Louis to wake him up when he would leave. It was the least he could do.