XXX

[A:N]: prepare yourself. Welp this is kind of fairytale-ish. Mentions about religion.

thirtieth chapter

"I object." King Mark repeated more firmly, his chest puffed out like it always was as he raised his chin higher.

Louis, everyone stared at him wide-eyed, shocked that the king himself, the one to plan and announce about the wedding, was also the one to object and stop it. Louis darted his gaze to Eleanor. She was tearing up, but there was a smile on her face. Louis raised to his feet but before he could move them, Eleanor's father came.

"What are you thinking of, Mark?!" King Griffin hollered, tossing his hands in the air.

"Louis." King Mark stared at his son, his eyes holding something much more than Louis could think of, "Leave."

That time, Louis' feet moved. They moved with so much hesitance but they were moving. He ignored the fast pounding of his heart and as well as the confused eyes. They must be wondering why the prince was willing to leave; willing to let someone stop his wedding. Louis glanced one look at his father, his sisters, mother, even Niall, Zayn and Liam, before he was taking off to the entrance of the castle.

"Close the doors!" King Griffin angrily exclaimed.

"Do not order my people; you are in my territory!" King Mark argued back. Louis could thank his father, kiss his cheeks or something else, but that time he had to run. By the time he was outside the church, more confused people came to welcome him. He needed a horse. He was about to snatch one of the horses when a huge gush of wind startled him, sending him stumbling backwards. He whipped around in instinct, and oh how glad he was.

Harry was with Gervase, his hand tightly on the reigns and the other one outstretched for Louis to take. Louis, himself, even had no idea that Harry could ride a horse. "Lou." Harry spoke, taking Louis out of his trance.

Louis shook his head. The guests were slowly starting to emerge from the church to watch the scene. "Seize them!" King Griffin ordered his guards.

"Scoot." Harry did as told before Louis mounted Gervase, taking over the reigns. Without any glance, they were off to the streets. Both of them felt the wind on their faces on how fast Gervase ran and dodged past citizens casually walking.

Harry's grip on Louis' waist didn't relent. He took a moment to look back. Surely, some of Wunderburg's guards were chasing the on their own horses. "Lou." Harry's voice was soft and calm, and it helped a lot for Louis' pulse rising and nerves pulsing, "They're chasing us."

Louis kicked at Gervase to speed up the horse and she did. They were near the forest. Louis took an abrupt, unnecessary turn and another before getting back on the path to the bridge connecting the kingdom to the forest. That forest held a lot of memories.

Entering the forest, the Wunderburgs lost them momentarily. Louis and Harry just kept moving as deep as they could through the forest.

--

"Zayn, where are you going?!" They were back at the castle, where Zayn sped to the stables to get his horse. Niall followed him. To stop the suspicions, Liam came as well. Inside the stables, the pageboy questioned the lord, blocking his way.

"Niall." Zayn stated firmly, "Louis and Harry are in trouble, and they are my friends."

"They are my friends, too!" Niall argued back, "But I am not letting you get in there and risk yourself!"