XXI

twenty-first chapter

"You are supposed to be reading your text book, Mr. Tomlinson." Liam rolled his eyes and he reached a hand out to slam the book that got Louis' attention.

"I was learning about the life in the past, decades ago." Louis snapped back, "You wanted me to learn further more about it."

"I told you that a week ago." Liam pushed the particular book towards the stubborn prince, "Now, read about sovereignty and write me a five page essay about it. Right now, go on."

Louis slowly grabbed his pen and ink while Liam gave him a few sheets of paper, giving the man a dubious look, "Why so glum?"

"What?" Liam sat back in his chair.

"You look upset... restless." Louis observed, "Everything alright? Usually, you are not that professional and strict."

"I am doing my job, Louis." The teacher shuffled some paper, pushing his glasses further up his nose, "And that is to teach you."

"Tell me." Louis insisted, "You are a friend, you should tell me."

Liam huffed, "The king talked to me last night, and he told me to keep an eye on you, your lessons, and my way of teaching. He wants me to make sure you learn new things every day. That is all, nothing else. It is nothing major."

"Did he..." Louis slowly began, "Threaten you? Somehow?"

Liam shook his head, "No, Lou. He did not. He just wanted me to look out for you. I am sure he told Zayn the same thing, since we're your mentors."

"Oh.." Louis nodded, picking up his pen, "...Alright... I will um... write that essay."

"Are you alright?"

"Of course, yes."

After Louis finished his classes with Liam, he changed into an appropriate, comfortable outfit so he could move freely with his classes with Zayn. When he got there, he got dressed in some armor -he only insisted on wearing the ones for the torso, not for the arms and head- and got handed his usual sword. Zayn's not there yet, so he practiced
on his own. When Zayn arrived, Louis' already sweaty, and he apologetically said, "I was late."

"Yes, you are." Louis panted, "Give me a minute."

They sat down on the grass for a few minutes, and during those minutes, Zayn had gotten up and grabbed a bow and arrow, poising himself meters away from the target. Louis played with his sword while sitting, tracing his finger over the blade and fuller.

He then remembered something. Back before he and Harry had been close friends, he had went over their hut. He didn't remember his purpose, but he knew seeing Harry there and staying. That day, he and Harry made and designed a sword. He remembered Harry was the one who suggested it, and he agreed. He wondered where that sword was. He wanted to use it, all of a sudden. He will surely ask Harry about it later after this class. He had to check up on the swords and stables anyway.

Zayn and Louis got to training after, and Zayn had thrown compliments during the small duel, saying how much Louis improved. They were both sweaty, but they managed to maintain their poise. Louis wiped off his forehead with his forearm, "I am extremely tired. "

Zayn snickered, "You would be dashing off inside now, but you are an idiot and had to force responsibilities on yourself."

Louis huffed, "I am actually glad that I get to check on the swords, and the other things, too. It proves that I can be responsible and as sensible as Liam."

"Liam?" Zayn laughed, "Well, I know why. You are sneaky, Mr. Tomlinson."

Well, I want to see him every day." Louis said defensively.