XIV

[A/N]: I can't believe Liam literally donated millions to charity I'm so proud of him aw.

            fourteenth chapter

            Harry laid in his bed, facing the wall, and it scared him a little every time he would see Louis' face appear in the concrete. He would stand up and pace back and forth in his room. He was sure it's three hours past midnight, and the masquerade was done over an hour ago, but he left sooner than that.

            The prince's confession still invaded his mind, and he couldn't stop thinking about it. He didn't want to think about it; he didn't want to imagine Louis' face in his mind again and again when Harry had turned around and literally ran away. He was a terrible person, and he went straight to his room and ignored Niall who was calling out for him.

            He didn't cry, perhaps shed a tear or two but it was only because the guilt was eating him. It was only for three hours, he wouldn't know what would happen to him after days. He didn't know what to do. He had considered avoiding the prince, just for the sake of it, but Harry wanted to confront him, wanted to confirm what the prince really felt about him, and especially his sexuality.

            There was a high chance that Niall would barge in any time, maybe scolding him like a mother or screaming at him for hurting Louis. He hadn't meant to, he was surprised, but thing was for sure that the feeling is definitely mutual.

            It was morning that Harry skipped carrying coals to his station, simply asking Conrad to carry one in for him. The old man protested, but he complied eventually, scolding him lightly that he should be independent. Harry's mouth slipped, "I just do not want to be seen."

            Conrad raised an eyebrow at him, then, "By who?"

            Harry gulps as he takes the sack. The bob of his Adam's apple was unnoticed by Conrad, "...everyone."

            "I thought the masquerade had gone smoothly."

            "It did." Harry shrugged, eyes wide, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

            "I am aware that you are hiding something." Conrad passed by him and to his own station, "There is no need to diddle-daddle."

            "I am not." Harry mumbles. Throughout the day, he spends most of his time inside their hut, only coming up during lunch and supper. He had not seen the prince, then. It was kind of depressing him. He was also quite thankful that Niall had not stopped by, but it made him worry that he might have offended the two quite badly. He didn't mean to.

            At night, Harry came out. The stars were beautiful as ever, no light shining enough to compete against them. He sat on the grass growing beside the stone path. He brought his paper, pen and ink with him. He wanted to write to his sister. She was the only one who Harry could share his feelings to aside from his companions here.

            Gemma, I beg you not to show this to mother and father. Please.

            Have you safely run away to your room and out of their sight? If yes, you may continue to read.

            You know about the masquerade ball, right? I am still loathing as to why you did not come. I would have seen you with mother and father. Everyone in town is invited, did you know that? I know you do.

            I attended the part, I did. I wore appropriate clothes that were in the color red and gold and a Colombina mask. The prince gave it to me. Can you believe that? I remember telling you that the prince was one of my friends now, and he lent me some clothes to wear to