29

****Lisa Michaels****
Patience might not be my cup of tea after all. I mean I always got mad and fidgety when mom got late at my school's events or just ran late to do something that concerned me.

Now looking at the arrivals streaming out of the lobby, I couldn't help but cuss and mutter a few words to myself.

How long does one take to get off a plane?

My eyes roamed the crowd one more time before I finally landed eyes with the familiar face I was looking for.

It's about time!

I thought gingerly before waving over.

"You made me wait for half an hour." I gritted out as I took a turn to the outskirts of town.

"Not my problem. I had an issue with security." Her voice came out from beside me and I almost lost my grip on the steering wheel.

My brow rose at her and her smile widened.

"What? I'm not angel okay. I had these drugs in my bag and they thought they were illegal. Which I can't blame them perse since the damn things contain 15% marijuana and I had no idea until the samples came back. Alright so a medical history and a prescription showed that I was allowed to take the meds and they let me go. At least now I know why the fuckers are so damn addictive." Her voice was irritated and my own annoyance died down a bit.

"Ella, when your mom said you were visiting I didn't expect you to book a flight." I told her quietly and focused on the road.

"She has issues with me driving up here on my own. What the heck am I supposed to do?"

"Well now that you're here, we good right?"

Hanging out  with her in my childhood was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. Although she was a year and a few months younger, her spirit was nothing less of an advancement to her years.

She made me smile and laugh and feel things I didn't know I could feel. But that was only once in a few years when she and her parents came to visit.

When I got older the frequent visits stopped— not that they were that frequent or anything but they still stopped. Only calls breached the gap between us but long after even the calls became scarce. She went to highschool, I finished highschool and started campus. She on the other hand decided travelling was better than campus for a few years so up until now, she was yet to join a campus.

"I hope so. I need a whole week of partying and soaking my feet in water because damn everything effing hurts."

"Why are you taking drugs with marijuana in them?" My question snapped her out of whatever thoughts she was having as she stared at me for a moment.

"I got sick a few years ago but I swear I had no idea the drugs had marijuana. It's been long since I travelled with them on  me so I didn't know. My mom forced me to take them with me this time round though."

Aunt Edith was one lady that knew how to get her way with whatever she wanted no matter what and I knew being in Ella's shoes I'd have probably done the same.

"Okay, enough with that. Your mom told me you're staying in Boston for the new semester. I'm guessing you're joining?" I asked as we now neared the town from the other side.

"Yes." She didn't seem as excited as I was for her at the least.

"Where are you joining?" I asked as I turned to get to the street where I lived.