28

**** Lisa Michaels****
Closing my eyes again, I took in a deep breathe. Maybe I was hallucinating. There was no way he could be here. I just wanted it to be him but he wasn't here.

The caption on the picture I'd seen before coming out of the changing room made its way back on my mind.

Multi-billionaire  and once most popular bachelor Dave Morgan is no longer on the market!!!

How could he be here if only he'd got engaged a few hours ago? But when I opened my eyes he was still there. Looking at me like he'd wanted to see me all along.

"Lisa, wait!" He called after me as he pulled me back into the room and closed the door behind us.

"That's the reason why you didn't want to see me after last night." I told him quietly feeling the weight of my emotions crash down on me.

Why did I have to have this huge crush on him and not somebody else?

"I wanted to explain in the morning before I left." He told me but I shook my head.

No! I didn't want to understand and if I'd known he would he an almost married man by morning I wouldn't have let whatever happened between us happen.

"Last night-" I said trying to make myself feel a bit more dignified by denying the fact that I'd hoped it meant something to the both of us.

"Wasn't a mistake." He rushed his words out and cupped my face in his hands as if desperate to make me understand. "Don't regret it." His voice was more of a plea as he slowly lifted my face to him.

Something within me turned and twisted in a painful manner.

This man...

"You're engaged." I told him quietly, watching as his eyes averted mine for a second.

"And I have no excuse for that Lisa. I wish I had." He told me and closed his eyes before pulling me into a hug. "This is why I didn't want to see you for a very long time." He whispered as his hands held me tighter and I let my tears slip.

This was crap! Why did I let him get to me so soon? Why was he the one to leave me? Why-?

Pulling me out of our embrace, he searched my face one more time before running his thumbs under my eyes to dry the tears that had slipped down.

Not thinking, I watched him as he drew closer till his forehead lay on mine and before long, he claimed my lips ever so gently. — exploring and curving every inch with his own.

I remained numb. I felt so much and I didn't know how to show it. When his hands slid to either sides of my hips, he pinned me against the wall and bit at my bottom lip making me moan a little before I started responding to his now fierce kissing.

It took a long moment of indulgence on both sides for us to break apart for some air.

"You need to leave." I breathed with a shaky voice as he leaned his forehead on mine and tried just as hard to regain his breathe as I was trying.

"I'm sorry." He whispered without moving and I closed my eyes.

"I don't want to see you again." I told him. This time was because I knew if I kept seeing him, I'd earn the title of a mistress without even intending to.