56

***** Lisa Michaels ****
"Do you know Darcy Blue?" I asked Ella once I got into the living room and took a seat on the couch.

Ella rummaged through the bag to take out the two sets of clothing that were inside. "yeah, sort of," she said preoccupied with the contents in the bag. "Which one is mine?" She asked, holding two boxes which made me furrow my eyebrows.

I only figured there would be identical hoodies so I never bothered to check at the store when we picked them. "I have no f-"

"Never mind. I think the one with a giant E belongs to me." She said handing me the other box. "She was an actress or something the last time I checked." Ella hummed as she tore through the wrapping to open the box.

I weighed mine in my hands as I processed the information.

"Was she ever termed scandalous?"

"There was a time they said she tried to take her own life but the stories were refuted and taken down before long."

Oof!

She didn't seem-

But then again.

"She was the one who drove me home," I told Ella who was busy cursing out the paper for being taped on too hard.

"Uh huh," she replied absently before she stopped fiddling with the box in one swift motion and turned to me, "Hold the fuck up, what?!" I could have sworn her eyes were gonna fall off if she didn't put herself together.

"She is-" I closed my eyes and sighed, "was, Dave's fiancée. "

"They called it off?" Her voice came out cracked or something.

"She is a lesbian and Dave is demisexual. I don't think they have an option."

"Dave had to be dying from some richass disease? Couldn't he like maybe just have a stroke or something?"

"I'm guessing you don't know what demisexual is?" I asked Ella who was busy trying to process the information like a toddler. Long forgotten the box she had invested so much in.

"No fucking idea." She answered dryly and I chuckled with a shake of my head.

"He can only be sexually attracted to someone if he has a strong emotional connection with them."

"So he only wants to rail you?" She asked bluntly and I hit her arm. "It's true."

"Something like that." I replied with a blush and the room went silent.

"You lucky he won't be cheating on you then," she said after a moment before she went back to tearing the box open. "But if he does it's a major blow to you because he will be both physically and emotionally invested. "

"I'm not dating him," I refuted as soon as the idea came to mind. "Cole and I just broke up."

"Correction, you got dumped and if there ever was a guy who could actually lay his life down for you, it would be Dave," she replied, finally pulling out the hoodie from its box prison. "Or Harris. I don't know at this point."

"I should probably ask him if he has feelings for me," I mumbled and Ella rose an immaculate eyebrow at me as if judging me for something.

"Dumb and blind. Glad you are not blonde else you would complete the cliché."

"You are blonde," I rose an eyebrow.

"Well you don't see me thinking like a mental now do you?"

"Hey, this is cute," she gushed finally unfolding the hoodie that had been on her lap the whole time and holding it up. "It says... SAUCY HOT." She read and smiled before realizing a piece of clothing still in the box. "It's a crop top," she stated picking it to hold up and read the front and back,"I AM IMPRESSED BY ALMOST NOTHING," the front of the white top read, "IF I'M NOT IMPRESSED, YOU'RE TRYING TOO HARD." The back read and she smiled and clapped excitedly. "Lemme see what he got you!"