50

****Lisa Michaels****
If I had known what awaited me two days after I went out with Dave and spent the night at Cole's,  maybe I wouldn't have woken up.

You know those feelings you get like something bad is going to happen no matter what you do to stop it and your heart beats faster everytime? I had the exact same feeling on that Friday.

Ella's date with Marc had gone fine and she was over the moon. Kept on talking about the guy that I felt like I knew him for ages.

"I'm happy that he's not an asshole, " I told her as I put on my white Van's while simultaneously  trying to zip up my jeans hence the slight breathlessness in my voice.

"I thought you were going on a date with him tomorrow," she said taking a bite of the chocolate I'd just bought after class.

"Cole asked me to meet him at Harry's.  It sounded important, " I told her and pulled on my jacket just in case the weather decided to change.

"Get me more chocolate on your way back?" She smiled with chocolate in her teeth and I bit my lip in order to stop myself from saying something rude.

"You ate my two bars," I pointed out slipping a few dollar bills into my back pocket just in case I needed them."and drank all the liquid chocolate by yourself yesterday," which may I add, pissed me off so bad, "why are you eating so much chocolate?"

"It's the love of my life," she explained and I gave her a flat look to which she clicked her tongue and scratched the back of her head uneasily. "Okay, it's like having inconsequential sex. I mean, unprotected inconsequential sex."

I just rolled my eyes and snatched the half eaten bar from her and shoved it into my mouth. " if you were going to use a big word how about exiguous?"  I said while trying to get the sticky chocolate off my teeth.

"Wow, look at you using your big girl words!" She cried and I clicked my tongue rolling my eyes at her as I walked out.

"If you leave don't forget your keys," I called out and reached for my car keys.

Me:on my way
I texted Cole and placed my phone on my lap as I adjusted my side mirrors.

Babe:okay. I'm waiting for you.

Harry's was this little cute restaurant a few minutes away from  campus and it was Cole and I's  meeting place when we needed to talk or work on school work if not the coffee shop near my place.

"Hey," I called out for him when I spotted him next to a window by the far end of the restaurant.

If I remember correctly he hated sitting by the window in a restaurant.

"Ba-" he started to say as he stood to hug me but stopped, giving me a small hug and pulling the chair for me. "I'm glad you came. "

"Are you okay?" I watched as he played with a small blue box on the table and look at it absently before he rose his eyes to me.

"I-" he started again but rolled his lip in and bit it a little before pulling it out and licking it while looking absently at me. "I-, yeah. I'm okay. Would you like a drink? I haven't ordered yet."

He seemed worked up but I decided not  to mention it at the moment.

"Juice is fine." I said and he waved over a waitress. "Are you excited to go home?" I asked enthusiastically.

"Get her a glass of orange juice and get me wine." He said to the lady and she politely smiled at me before nodding and walking away. "Ye- yeah. My uummh," as much as he tried, I knew that he wasn't okay. Cole hardly stuttered.  " my dad wants me to start learning about the business as early as possible. " hesaid looking at the box in his hand.

"That's great," I said and eyed the box.

Was it a wedding ring?

I know that I had never thought about getting married but I was open to the idea.

I mean, I was completely open to the idea of having a family with someone like him.

Cole was a good person and I loved that he cared.

I could definitely learn to love him as the days went by.

"Thank you," I said to the waitress as she placed our drinks on the table and left. "Col-"

"I can't do this anymore!" He blurted as his leg bounced vigorously beneath the table and his hand gripped the box in his hand harder.

"What do you mean?" I asked slowly, dreading the answer that was to come next.

"I mean I can't do us anymore." He explained quietly, looking anywhere but at me. "I want us to break up."

The pain of his words hit me immediately and the sting in my heart came with the wetness in my eyes but I bit my lip and looked up, trying to blink the tears away from my eyes.

I looked at him and then away at the people around the restaurant.  And to think that I was thinking of saying yes to him if he asked me to marry him.

I smiled through the tears and nodded my head. "I get it," I crocked and stood up. " well, I hope you have a safe journey home and best of luck. Bye." I said a little slower this time and walked out.

Getting into my car I hugged my feet to my chest and looked ahead of me for a while.

And then I broke down.

I cried out the pain that had been clogged up in my throat since he said it. I should have known it was all too good to be true.

I mean, Cole and I? C'mon! I had to wake up some day, I just really wished it didn't have to be this painful.

Because I cared about him more than I cared about myself. I told him everything that had happened  with me since we started dating.

Even the date Dave had taken me on and explained the misunderstanding.

But I never told him about Dave and I sleeping together because, who in their right mind would?

It would have fueled his insecurities about the friendship I had with Dave and I didn't want him to feel like I was keeping Dave close because of the past we shared together.

My head hurt from crying when I was done. I sat in my car and stared at the parking lot as the memories swept by.

If there was one thing that killed you slowly after a breakup, it was definitely the memories.

The thoughts that you could have been happy instead of being alone and in pain.

The thought that you could have done something differently to stop the pain.

And in my case, the thought that I still had plans for the next day that I wasn't going to fulfil.

I had bought him a Rolex watch, a pair of socks and a matching tie that was meant to be his Christmas gift.

Now I just felt stupid when I remembered the little box in my room.

Looking down at the clock on my dash board I sighed. I needed to get home and sleep this off.

I was going to get over this one way or the other.

****
Thanks for the read...

Have you guys heard adele's new song?

I dont like cheese do you guys like cheese?
And I think I'm allergic to mustard.... crazy allergies anyone?

Oh! I'm off the hacking hook. No more networking investigations and stuff.

I'm a free bird!!!!

I think?

I'm just happy people! Imma go blow off some of the sugar in my system somewhere else.

Love you guys.

Please stay safe guys.

Love, Eline ❤