42

****Lisa Michaels****
"Are you ready for tonight?" Vin asked placing a pile of sheets on my desk which only made me sigh and glare up at him.

"Do you have more where that came from?" I asked out of annoyance. "I swear Chris just hates me."

"It may have something to do with the fact that you're the only one who doesn't swoon at his feet but then again, I might be wrong. And no, there aren't anymore papers for you sweerie, sorry." Vin replied sitting on a chair that was positioned at the front of my desk.

"I don't even have a dress for tonight," I sighed and slumped on the papers I was working on. "Are the events like really big?"

Despite having the knowledge of an auction happening at the museum for the last four days, my mind was still stuck on panicking. Maybe a little bit excited but mostly panicked. I Mean, the only time I'd seen an auction was on TV.

"I thought Anna told you that they'll provide the attire. All you have to do is show. They even do your makeup and stuff."

My eyebrows pinched together as I tried to remember any sort of conversation with Anna. Eeerr, definitely no such recollection. "Does everybody just hate me here? Anna never said anything."

Vin gave me a flat look and shook his head, "Maybe it's because you're prettier than her, again, I might be wrong but I know she hates when someone else gets all the attention."

"Well thank you for this piece of information, don't you have work to do?"I raised an eyebrow at him but he only merely laughed before pushing the chair he'd sat on a little too carelessly against my desk.

"I'll see you at lunch," he told me, "oh and don't worry about tonight, all we do is serve drinks and bitch about the snobs."

"Aaww, look at you being all poetic." I cooed falsely and earned a confused look from Vin before he laughed and shook his head at me.

My phone rang before he could say anything and he walked out without a word.

"Yes Ella." I called into the phone while I tried to rearrange my desk.

"Hey, real quick, do you know a really hot guy with a flashy car and blue eyes?" She spoke into the phone and I frowned.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her, my frown still in place.

"Seriously?" She sounded annoyed and I just sighed into the phone. "Never mind. So Harris dropped by and he wanted to see you so I told him you were at work and now he wants to know where you work. I came upstairs after I lied to him that I needed to confirm where you work and-ow!" Ella cried from the other side.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked with an alarmed tone.

"Yeah, I just hit my toe on your stupid desk," she mumbled. "What do I tell him?"

"Just tell him where I work," I permitted and tossed a few papers in the dustbin. "Are you feeling better now?"

Needless to say, last night she'd puked all the soup she'd eaten on me.

"A lot better," she said, "could you bring me chocolates on your way home later?"

"You've got to be kidding me!" I cried in disbelief, "Ella, did you eat all the chocolate? C'mon! There must have been like eight gallons."

"I didn't eat all of it so calm your tits but I think I might finish the whole stash by evening. And it's only like twenty bars or something and three litters of liquid chocolate." She said as if it was no big deal. "I'll tell your boy where to find you." She said before hanging up.