57

*****Lisa Michaels *****

Dave wore a pair of blue sweatpants and a long sleeved white shirt that made it hard for me to focus on anything other than his chest.

"I can see you got the dress code," he said opening the door wider as he eyed my blue high waisted jeans and the white crop top he'd bought me.

I smiled and walked to the lounge area as he closed the door and joined me.

The rain had not stopped since the previous night. Ella  went over to Marc's place in the morning while I finished an essay then came over at Dave's.

"Anything to drink?" He offered, resting his hands on either sides of my head as he leaned over the back of the couch I was sitting on from behind.

"I'm good, thanks." I told him and he nodded before walking over to sit on the other couch across from me.

"Did Darcy say anything that might get me into trouble?" His voice came out light and playful and I shook my head with a smile.

"We just had a small talk," then a memory hit me and I frowned. "I know it's not my place but can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead," he said with a frown of his own as he tried to read me.

"Well, my cousin mentioned something about her trying-" realization hit Dave before I could even finish and he frowned a little.

"She had a rough time after a friend of hers died in a road accident." He said with a quiet tone and I found myself nodding, unable to say anything. "She has her moments and it doesn't help that she has closed off anyone around her."

Not knowing how to move on from the silence that had occurred after my answer had been provided, I looked around to see if Snow was in the lounge area.

"Where's Snow?" I asked him after a while and he looked at the spot as if trying to reign his thoughts.

"I asked my secretary to take her to a vet for her weekly check ups. " he said and stood up, "follow me."

"We could have taken her to the vet ourselves," I told him as I followed behind him to a room on my left where he opened the door and stepped aside for me to walk in first.

"Then how would I spend my alone time with you without sharing your attention with that dog?"

My spine straightened as I felt the warmth of his body right behind me as he spoke and I roamed my eyes around the room trying to ward off the giddy feeling that had unceremoniously engulfed me.

The room we stood in was a little smaller than the one we'd been in previously but not really standard small. In other terms, the room could have been referred to as enormous.

"She is a cute dog," I defended as I watched the rain falling through the huge glass wall on my right. The grey and gloomy sky made the room look a little vintage.

Furniture, a reading nook and a couple of plush pillows were scattered around the place.

"She is," he said taking a seat on a small comfy couch next to the glass wall as I remained stood at the centre of the room.

"I love your reading place," I told him and he smiled as he eyed the place.

"It's actually my writing area. I hardly read because of my schedule, " he stretched to fetch a few fullscaps scattered on the table and arranged them as he watched me. "You can look around," he said as if sensing my uncertainty.

Walking over to a small shelf that held a few photo frames and a cat statue, I picked one of the photos and I smiled when he ran over to snatch it away and tried to steer me other direction.