Next Day (Roar;) 23

Next Day

I've decided to take matters into my own hands.

It's time for me to woman up and earnestly beg for forgiveness. Every time Sam and I have a disagreement, he ends up taking all the blame. Well this time it is solely my fault and I now realize that it's me, who has to be the adult for once. It's not a guy's responsibility to apologize for everything and I need to recognize that. If I want my mate back, I'm going to have to fight for him! I mean the worst thing that could happen is me failing and deciding to go asexual...

Taking my keys off my kitchen counter, I hastily swung open my front door and began to jog to school. Hopefully Sam is here today because this might be the only time that I have enough confidence for what I'm about to do. While jogging, as soon as the school came into view, I flipped open my phone and dialed Olivia. At some point yesterday, the annoying red head managed to grow on me and decided to insert her number into my phone. After a couple of rings she finally answered,

"Fuck and duck service, how may I help you?"

"Cut the crap Olivia, and tell me if Sam is at school right now."

"Who's Sam? OH WAIT, IS HE THAT SEXY GUY YOU USE TO BANG?!"

Slightly wincing at her volume I winced and slowed my jog to a fast walk,

"We did not bang, and I need you to answer my question please. This is really important to me."

"Ok Captain, hold your thong. A couple people have been talking and he might be here. Something is happening and everyone won't stop yapping!"

"Ok, thanks Olive."

"OMG, YOU GAVE ME A NICKNAME?! CAN I GIVE YOU ONE TO-"

Quickly hanging up, a grin crawled onto my face as I approached the doors. I couldn't stop myself from pushing them open roughly. Chatter bounced off the walls, and it was hard to concentrate on his scent. Everyone seemed to be crowding around my locker and I quickly elbowed my way through. Their stares seemed to stay on me as I passed.

My heart dropped and my side flared up in pain at his rejection. I couldn't help but be surprised as I stared into his eyes. He was leaning against my locker and even though we were so far apart, the tingles ran between us. The crowd around us dispersed when he shot them a cold glare. My feet felt heavy and I gulped audibly. His eyes pinned me down with the hatred in their depths. He turned his attention to my locker and I gasped in outrage. A picture of a guy with light brown hair was lip locked with me.

I had never seen the guy in my life but the angle the picture was shot in was very suggestive. Underneath the picture in bright, red, spray paint, were the words,

"Whore."

I clenched my fists and desperately tried to rack my brain with any possible explanations. As far as I knew, I hadn't even made one enemy in this school so I couldn't even have a clue as to who did it. Quickly turning back to Sam I tried to come up with some kind of response. Looking at his tense body and glaring eyes, I almost whimpered.

"Sam, it's not what you think it is-"

"Is this your way of telling me you don't care? By spreading your legs to any guy on the street?!"

Simmering the outrage inside of my, I tried to take a deep breath at his stupidity,

"I would never do something like that! I actually came here to-"

"TO WHAT? REJECT ME PROPERLY?!"

"NO SAM! I FUCKING LOVE YOU!"

A tense silence pervaded the halls before he took a step towards me. His face was like a blank slate except for the hatred burning in his eyes.

" You have taken this sick joke too far. I'm done. I, Sam Turners, hereby reject Rayne Mills as my mate."

After he finished his sentence, we both crumpled to the ground. Tears ran down my face as we laid there in agony. I could feel my body being ripped in two as the mating bond was cut. I couldn't even look at him, as I ran out of the building. Heading straight to the woods, I did something that could possibly cost my life.

I shifted.

~~~~~~~|~~~

Hi Cans!

It's been awhile sorry!
I hope you like this chapter.
P.S- team Cole or Sam?

Be sure to vote, comment and follow for a follow!