Next Day (Roar;) 27

Chapter 27

I honest don't know how long I can keep living in this cave.

After Dale accused me of being bad in bed, it's safe to say that I had given him the silent treatment the entire day yesterday. I guess I shouldn't have expected a rouge manwhore to have feelings but it still hurt.

I was currently in my tiger form because the nights in the cave were a lot colder then I would have expected it to be. Of course Dale didn't seem to notice the change of temperature, pissing me off to no end when he suggested we should get naked and huddle together to share body heat.

Pig.

My Tiger hasn't been looking good either these days. I was a lot weaker then before, to the point where even Dale had noticed a change in my decrease of patience and strength. I knew what was happening but I didn't want to face the truth. Whoever came up with the idea of mates, was a cruel and cynical person. Not all mating stories turn out to be fairy tales and I was living proof of that.

Laying my sore body against the cave wall, I let out a low whine. Staring at the moist and barren gray walls of the cave, isn't as entertaining as it seems. Dale has also been quiet lately, leaving early and returning late at night with a kill to have for dinner. Stumbling onto the pads of my white paws, I stretched out my back like a cat and growled as my bones cracked and groaned.

Dale sprinted into the cave filled with anger and paranoia, making his way over to me. "I caught a sent near the border of the woods and it doesn't smell like a rouge." Pouncing into action, I stayed on his heels as he rushed me over to where he got the strange scent and my breathing caught.

My tiger whimpered when she realized who had been close by, "Mate". I didn't realize I had let out a large snarl until Dale shifted back and stumbled while yanking on his t-shirt. Looking down at me with suspicion and curiosity, he met my eyes and raised an eyebrow expecting me to shift back.

Yeah right.

My hackles raised when he took another step towards me and I bolted off, deeper into the forest. Not feeling the twigs stab into my paws or the branches causing my fur to snag off in random places.

What was he doing out here in the forest, so far away from his pack?

How do I explain this to Dale?

I guess I just have to find out why Cole's scent suddenly stumbled upon this no man's land.

---------------

Hi cans!

Thx for reading!

Vote, comment and f4f!