Next Day (Roar ;) 4

Next Day 4

"YOUR LATE! GET UP, NOW!!!"

In a heart beat, I was off my bed and my hand was clutching my attackers throat, tightly. The person sputtered weird noises as his face slowly turned purple.

"R...R...a.yne.."

Sam?

I let go quickly, watching as Sam collapsed onto the ground, wheezing as he rolled onto his back. After inhaling deeply a couple of times, he looked up at me,

"WAS THAT NECESSARY?!!!" he screeched.

I winced and let out a tired yawn, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, ignoring his existence. He got back up and pushed me into my bathroom, grabbing random clothes from my closet and throwing them into my face. I shot him a lazy glare but he was too busy pacing to notice,

"The Alpha is going to freakin, kill you! Your lucky, I could persuade the guards outside your room, to let me in and wake you up!"

"I have guards?"

Sam snorted and looked at my door with a glare,

"Yeah, apparently the Alpha was pissed off because you didn't show up yesterday and now he's acting all serious, saying you could be a...'Potential threat'."

I could feel my blood boiling and I closed my eyes, resisting the urge to shift and challenge the Alpha. Unfortunately, I have alpha blood, running through my veins, because of my dad.

For tiger shifters, we have prides instead of packs but the members inside each pride, fend for their selves.
Tigers don't live in packs out in the wild and basically, being in a pride meant that you were allowed to hunt and live on the more dominant tiger's land. But, being in the same pride as another tiger didn't mean that they were not allowed to attack you. The only time tigers in a pride fought together is when they were being attacked by other prides.

That's why prides and packs are so different and I can't challenge the alpha because,

1.I'm a tiger, he's a wolf

2.It stirs up unnecessary drama.

3. I would be a cat, leading a group of dogs.

4. It's plain stupid.

5.I'm not trying to die.

Letting out a shaky breath as I calmed down, I went into my bathroom. After taking a shower and changing, I ran down stairs and hopped into Sam's car, turning off the air conditioning.

"Hey! I just turned that on!"

I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue at him,

"It's freezing cold!"

Him: "No!"

Me: "Yes!"

Him: "No!"

Me: "Yes!"

Him: "Yes."

Me: "No.

Groaning, I face palmed myself for falling for the oldest trick in the book. I heard him mutter,"It's my car anyway..." but he made no move to turn it back on.

I swear, that boy makes my heart melt sometimes.

The car stopped in front of an all white mansion. It wasn't uncommon for the alpha to not live in the pack house but this must have been built over the summer for the new one to move into.

I'll admit, I'm not happy that our previous one is stepping down because he lost his title in a fight. He was like a father to me, he knew what I was, he cared for me, and because of him the pack also welcomed me with open arms.

I got out the car and started heading towards the house, expecting Sam to be trailing behind me but, no. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed his car, quickly pull out and drive away with a goofy grin on his face.

Coward.

The door opened before I could knock and I was greeted by an old maid with a sour expression that read,"Hoodlum" as she glared down at my old hoodie, torn jeans and mismatched shoes,( all thanks to my best friend's lack of fashion and common sense.)

"EDNA!"

A deep voice boomed, sending chills down my spine. She glanced back at me uncertainly and opened the door a bit wider, letting me in. Closing the door behind me, she yanked my hoodie from my shoulders and threw it inside the fireplace in disgust.

I guess she saw my old piece of gum on my left sleeve.

Oops?

Before she could head upstairs, loud footsteps came crashing down,

"Hey Edna, Have you seen my pan-"

Good lord almighty. Thank you for blessing my innocent eyes.

Coming down the stairs, was a man with a face that was,

-Smexier than Taylor Lautner,

-EIGHT drool worthy abbs

And he descended from the stairwell in only his boxers.

Our eyes met and I turned pale, my breathing seized, my heart stopped and my mind blanked.

The man had icy-blue eyes that deeply contrasted with his jet- black hair. And the scariest part was, he was the alpha. But as I inhaled and sniffed the air, I noticed something even scarier,

He might be my mate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

Hello Cans!

Two updates in one day!!! Boo yah!

Plz vote, comment and follow!