Next Day (Roar;) 12

Next Day 12

Im a job to him?

A responsibility that he has to follow because of his wolf?

Sam pulled me tighter into his arms as if sensing my thoughts. Except, instead of feeling safe and reassured like I used to, I felt revolted and uncomfortable being in another man's arms. I stayed there though, ignoring the pain radiating in my side as I locked eyes with Cole. He still seemed cold and uncaring but underneath, I could see his wolf's pain and anger.

It was just his human side that disliked me. His wolf obviously cared and loved me like a mate should and I couldn't help but feel a tingle of pleasure from my Tiger.

Sam was long forgotten as I kept having a stare down with my mate. His control snapped and his wolf took full control as he snatched me away from Sam and into his arms. While growling in rage and possessiveness. I hooked my arms around his neck, trying to calm his anger and spare my best friend.

"Leave now Pup!"

Sam immediately followed the command and ran out the room like his pants were on fire. Pulling back so he could see my eyes, his face turned serious.

"Pay no mind to my human, his past clouds his judgement. Give him space so he can learn to love you like I do my little mate."

I nodded in understanding and pulled out of his arms and headed to the door before looking over my shoulder and seeing his wolf gone,

"Bye Cole."

Without responding, he rolled his eyes and I hastily left his rude tail. It was my turn to wonder if he was really worth waiting for? Do I want to spend my life with that ignorant, idiot?

A burning pain erupted in my side and I yelped while glaring at my stomach,

"Mind your business, no one was asking you."

I looked up and a grin crawled onto my face as Sam sat against the side of his car, waiting for me.

"Hey Sam, Thanks!"

Maybe he was good for something after all...

Seeing me approach, a surprised expression filled his face,

"Oh hey, my battery died, does your mate have jumper cables?"

Dropping my head I let out a sigh,

nope.

He is still worthless.

Hi cans!

vote, comment and f4f!