Chapter 18 (Roar;)

Chapter 18

I've made my decision.

I'm done looking for a answer to my questions. The wait was doing more harm then good. I had two mates to choose from and either way, one of them were going to get their hearts broken. And I knew that my heart would also break. Because even though I am choosing one, somewhere in my heart I will always hold love for the other. That's why mates were created and unfortunately, heartbreak is part of the mate bond. No one is perfect and I could be choosing the wrong guy but who can blame me?

I'm doing what every girl does, and choosing the mate that hurts me the most.

As much as my heart and soul want to hate him, I just can't. And it's not fair. Because if I chose the other mate, my heart would be pining for another. And I think that is worse than rejection. Spending your life with someone, when you know that your love will always be their second. And while you give it your all, you know that they are thinking about another.

That's just cruel.

Why would I do that to someone I care about?

Here I am, standing outside his office, overcome with excitement and anxiety.

This is it.

He is now my future.

A wide grin, crawled onto my face as I quickly opened the door, twisting the doorknob.

I deserve better than this.

My heart stopped. It felt like I was being ripped into pieces, I was disgusted. Their lips met each other's eagerly, as they moaned. His hands were hoisting up her skirt and he pulled her onto his desk. She wrapped her legs around his waist and started to rip open his shirt while he unclipped her bra. His hands roamed her body, making me shiver in disgust, anguish and sorrow. Daggers were drilling into my heart as my eyes watered and I looked away from the scene. He must of heard the door slam shut because as I was walking, I heard my name being called.

"Rayne?"

The tears rushed down my cheeks like a water fall as I hopped into Sam's car and sped off. My vision was blurred as I ducked and weaved between cars at a rapid pace, somehow making it to Sam's house without an accident. I fumbled with the house keys and unlocked the door. Only to be met with the coldness once again. My blood was pounding and I slid to my knees and dialed his number.

Ring.

Ring.

Rin-

"Hello?"

"Sam, I need you."

"Why? Are you ok?!"

"I made a mistake."

"What mistake? I'm coming over right now, hang on. I'm just around the block."

"I realize what I did wrong now, Sam."

He hung up and the doorbell went off, right after. Scrambling to my feet, I ran to the door and yanked it open, fresh tears spilling down my eyes. Instantly, I was pulled into the warmth of his chest and he carried me to my room. He didn't ask any questions. He just let my soak his shirt in my tears and rubbed my back soothingly. Right before I cried myself to sleep in his arms, I heard him mumble something.

"I love you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi cans!

Didn't see that coming, huh?

Rotten, dirty, cheat!

vote,comment and follow