26 Bakugo's POV

Naku

Naku

I push my pettiness aside for worry of Naku. "Meltdown? What you mean?" I ask and Shoto wraps an arm around me comfortingly, trying to keep me calm. "Masaru whispered something to her during hide and seek and she freaked. She says we can't be quiet, its too much like 'Tsuri'? Said that's why she chose Zero to help her. The fuck does that mean?" The old hag says and Naku turns up stubbornly. "Suki, language!" She scolds from the living room and the old hag dips her head in apology. "Sorry, sunshine." She says and turns back to me and Shoto. "Tsuri stands for Tsuribari. He's the villain that had her, he must have whispered a lot. I'm Zero, Ground Zero. I guess she's adopted a nickname for me." I explain and Shoto kisses the top of my head. "We just won't whisper around her." Shoto says and I lean a little closer to him, I should've been here for her today. "Well, we're going to head to the store." Shoto says and the old hag nods before coming along. Naku pops up and hugs my dad bye before we leave. I drive, Shoto sits shot gun, and the girls sit in the back.

She chats with Naku the whole time and I'm glad to see her opening up. Me and Shoto both make comments and join the conversation and we all end up laughing. We get to a furniture store and I basically turn it over to the old hag, she's a lot better with interior design.

~Time Skip~

We're home with everything set up for her and we've learnt very quickly she's taken a partial to darker aesthetics. She seems to like dark academia most and her room reflects it. She's taking a nap now as me and Shoto cuddle on the couch. "Stop it." He says suddenly and I look up at him. "Eh?" I ask and frown. "Stop making yourself responsible for her trauma. You're not always going to be there at the right time, and it's okay." He says sternly and I huff softly, tucking my head into him to hide my teary eyes. He's right. He kisses the top of my head and pets my back. "She's safe and has everything to be happy now. Its okay." He says with an air of finality and I nod. "Thank you." He mumbles and pulls me closer.

I cuddle into his chest softly as he pets my side. "I love you." He says and I kiss his neck. "I love you." I say back and he smiles. "We did good today, we got her a new room and she's happy and resting." He reminds me and I nod. I play with his hair as he rubs my side gently. He leans into the affection and nuzzles into me. I can tell he's sleepy and tired from the long day but don't mention it, petting his head as he struggles to keep his eyes open. He slowly lets his eyes close and goes to sleep. I stay in his arms a while to make sure he won't wake up before slowly, carefully starting to untangle us. I manage to get up and go to the kitchen. I as quietly as possible start cooking. Cold soba, naturally. Naku peeks through the door of her room and I wave. "Can I have a hug?" She asks quietly and I nod, reaching for her. "Nightmare?" I ask as she hugs me tightly. She nods and I wrap my arms around her tightly. "I used to have them too. I was kidnapped by villains in highschool, gave me horrid nightmares." I say and she looks up at me.

"How did you get over them? What did they want with you?" She asks and I sigh softly. "I'm not exactly over them, I still have nightmares sometimes. I just know I'm safe and Shoto is there for me, so I can calm down. They thought I'd wanna be a villain." I say and she nods. We slowly break apart, I need to check on the soba but I don't want her being lonely. She wraps her arms around herself and tilts her head. "Why would they think you'd wanna be a villain? Didn't you go to UA?" She asks and I nod. "Yeah, but at the Sports Festival that year they had to chain me down so I could accept first place." I say, wincing at the memory. The muzzle... "Thats fucked up! You had every right to refuse." She bursts and I smile, patting her head. "I know, but its over now. Who taught you the fuck word?" I ask and she shrugs. "Dabi." She responds and I think I'm about to explode.

"You... you know Dabi?" I ask and she nods. "He used to take me away from Tsuri and we'd go play video games. He hated that I had to go with Tsuri and always said if I ran away to go to him and he'd hide me. He told me to run to you, knew it'd help." She explains and I nod. "Okay, thank you. Here, have some chips while I cook." I say and offer her chips. She takes it with a smile and sits as I finish cooking. Shoto wakes up soon and sits on the counter as I offer pieces of soba to him. He eats happily before I fix bowls for everyone. We sit and eat as a family, finally.