22 Bakugo's POV

We take Naku back to HQ and discuss what to do with her. She won't let go of my shoulders so I've gotten someone's scarf tied around her so I don't have to hold her up. She's napping on my chest as we talk. "Kat, we're not ready for a kid." Shoto argues and I nod. "I know we're not ready for a kid, all I'm saying is she needs a perfect family." I say back and he pinches the bridge of his nose. "Which isn't us! We cannot bring her home. Don't even think about." He says and I sigh. "Just for a while, until we can get her a better family. Sho, she'll go to an orphanage." I say quietly and he sighs before pulling me into a hug with the little girl between us. I hug him back and tuck my head into the crook of his neck. "My assistant said she found a home. They don't live far from here and they have a little girl around her age. She doesn't have to go into one of those god awful places." He says and I could cry. "But she ran to me, Shoto! She trusted me with everything. What if they're mean to her?" I ask and he kisses my head.

"They won't be. She can be a kid and play with her new sister. Kat, we can't take in every stray we find." He says softly and I nod, looking down at her. He pulls my head up and smoothes his thumb over my cheek. "Don't cry, baby. We're still taking care of her." He says gently and I didn't even know I was crying. "She trusts me." I whisper and he nods before kissing my forehead. "Its okay." He whispers and I push the hair from her face. She's still sound asleep, curled against my chest. He holds me until I stop crying and we talk quietly until there's a knock on the door. Shoto opens it as I wrap my arms around Naku. "Hey." A woman says softly and a girl hides behind her pants leg. A man stands off to the side and I could scream. She stays with me, she trusted me. But I don't. She ends up waking up as I untie the scarf and I sit her down in a chair. "Hey, princess. We found you a good family, okay? They have a little girl your age and you'll be sisters. How does that sound?" I ask and she frowns.

"I don't want a sister. I want you and Shoto." She says, glancing at them carefully. My heart breaks in my chest. "I'm sorry, princess. But I'm sure you'll be happy with them. Here, call me if you ever need anything at all." I say and hand her my buisness card with my personal number instead of my assistant's. I usually only hand these out to other pros, but obviously she's an exception. She nods and grabs my hand as I walk over to her new family. "Hi, Akumu." The woman cheers and she hides behind me, gripping my hand surprisingly strong. "Her name is Naku. Whoever told you that was deeply mistaken." I say, voice almost threatening. But the woman nods before saying, "I'm awfully sorry. Hi, Naku. This is Misume." She says and the girl that was hiding behind her pops out and waves excitedly, scaring Naku. They're polar opposites with Naku's raven black hair and scarlet eyes against Misume's blonde hair and green eyes. I hope they get along.

Naku shyly stops hiding but still holds tight to my hand. We all let them get acquainted and Shoto stands beside me with his hand on my hip. I kneel down and look at her. "Its time to go now, princess." I say gently and she almost cries, hugging around my neck tightly. I hug her back tightly and pat her back. "Don't be sad, I'll come and visit." I say and she nods into me before eventually pulling away. They leave and I sob as soon as the door is closed. Shoto pulls me to my chest and rubs my back gently. "I know, kitten. You did the right thing." He says and kisses my forehead. I cling to him and shake my head only for him to kiss my lips lightly. "Its okay, baby. She has a family now." He says and I just shake my head. My assistant walks into the room and I yell, "Get the fuck out!" But it's obvious I'm in pain. "Leave. He's dealing with it. I'm taking him home." Shoto growls and he leaves instantly. We leave after I've stopped crying and he drives us home this time. Akachan runs up to us barking and I pick her up, cradling her in my arms.

He spends the rest of the day spoiling me and Akachan, petting both of us until we fall asleep, cooking for me and sneaking Akachan meat, giving me endless affection. I stay in his arms, head tucked into his neck. Its gonna be rough getting over that look in her eyes.