5 Todoroki's POV

Lunch was amazing, as always when Kat cooks. I'm really happy that we have our feelings out in the open and all, but Suki walking in to him on my lap making out kinda sucked. "Mm, come here." Kat says and I walk over to the couch he's sitting at. He shows me a picture of a small fluffy dog that doesn't look unlike his hair. "Awe, they're cute. Who's dog is it?" I ask and he bites his lip. "Ours...?" He asks and I look at him. "But we'll be working all day and we're just moving in. Really?" I ask and he nods. "She's at the shelter just down the road. Wanna go today? I'm sure she'll change your mind." He says and I bite my lip. A dog? "Wait, how long have you been visiting this dog?" I ask and jump as Suki coughs behind us. "About a month. Wouldn't stop talking about the damn thing for a while but Masaru doesn't like dogs." She says and I frown. "Let's go visit her." I offer and he practically jumps up. I raise an eyebrow and brush through my hair before I'm ready to go. He's at the door waiting and we go to his truck.

"Kat, I'm not promising anything." I say and he rolls his eyes. "I know, half&half, lets go!" He says and pulls out of the driveway. He seems excited if you know what to look for. The corner of his mouth lifted up a little, that sparkle in his eyes and how his movements get a little more smooth so he can move faster. I reach over to hold his hand while he drives and he runs his thumb over the back of my hand. "Her name's Akachan. It takes her a while to warm up to you but I'm sure you'll like her. I kind of planned to adopt her when I got into the new apartment and all the stuff I'd need is already there so it's not like I'm jumping into anything." He says and I nod. Of course he wouldn't, he's always liked to be prepared even though he's viewed as impulsive and aggressive. He's actually really smart and thinks things through. "Oi, just warning you but she kinda barks really loud at first. Don't be alarmed. She came from an abusive house." He says and I nod.

He must have taken a long time to get around to this dog. It makes me wonder, why her specifically? We're there moderately quickly as he drives pretty fast and he parks up front. We both get out after he puts it in park and gravs his keys. I follow him as we walks up to the front. "Hey, Amai. Is Akachan still here?" He says and the teen girl laughs. "You know she is. Who's your friend? She's still in the problem dog kennels, same kennel. You know where the play rooms and leashes are, go for it." She says and he nods. "He's... my new roommate." Kat says and I raise an eyebrow. Interesting label. Didn't know roommates made out. "Good luck, maybe with Bakugo there it won't be as bad." She says and I glance at him skeptically. This dog is like a foot tall, how bad could she be?

He grabs my hand and pulls me down the hall past multiple doors, all with barking sounds. We pass small signs telling you where to go but he doesn't seem to need them. He opens a door to a lot of kennels and we walk to one just at the corner. There's a happy yip from the dog until she sees me, then she growls instantly. "Akachan, he's a friend." Bakugo says softly and squats down at the bars. The dog has to be a pomeranian mix of some type. She watches me cautiously but walks up to him and presses her head into the bars. He smiles and pets her head softly before walking over to the wall and grabbing a leash. I stand and watch, a little amazed at how comfortable he is with dogs barking aggressively all around us. He can't stand thunderstorms and they seem to trigger flashbacks, but a bunch of angry dogs posing an actual threat should they escape don't seem to phase him. I've always been more of a cat person but Endeavor hates animals.

He has her leashed and ready to go almost instantly. She growls at me lowly and I try to smile but keep my distance. He starts walking her out and motions for me to follow. I still giving her plenty of room but flinch at some of the bigger dogs barking. "Hey, it's fine. Come up here with me, just stay on the other side." He says and I walk a little faster so I'm walking on the other side of him. The dog snarls at me but doesn't try to bite me. We walk into a room with some chairs, a dog bed, toys, and a blanket spread out on the ground. He closes the glass door behind us and squats down. "Akachan, be nice okay?" He says firmly and the dog looks at him like he's her whole world. He takes the leash off and she glares at me. I stare back, slightly shocked that this pipsqueak has so much personality and audacity to just glare at me. She eventually turns her gaze back to Katsuki and her ears perk up immediately. She yips excitedly and puts her paws on his knees. "Come sit down!" He says amd moves to the blanket to sit. I slowly move to sit down close to Bakugo, not wanting ro scare her. She growls and climbs onto his lap, snarling at me. "Protective, huh? We're gonna have to share." I say and his head snaps up. "Meaning she goes with us...?" He says and I huff. "Maybe." I say as she scratches his stomach to get his attention.

He looks down and pets her head gently. She seems to calm down a little but stares at me warily as he pets her. "Hey, Akachan." I say softly and slowly hold out a hand for her to sniff. She flinches but slowly sniffs my hand then leans her head against him. "Good girl." He says and grins at me. Maybe this could work out. She seems happy as long as she's in his lap. I understand she has issues and I know it'll take a while to earn her trust. "What exactly did she go through?" I ask and he sighs as she snuggles into him. "She was a bait dog and she used to get shot at so she would run. She freaks out at loud noises and has a hard time trusting people. I'll never use my quirk around her if I can help it." He says and I nod. I slowly reach over and keep my hand in her eye sight, keeping it above her head so she's not pinned between Katsuki's stomach and my hand, and pet her softly. She looks up at me and I try to smile encouraging and she slowly pulls her head away. "That's okay, we'll work on it." I say and he smiles.