28. "Unknown power"

I took her hand because I didn't have much choice. I felt something different with her, though. I felt so much power when I touched her hand. I couldn't believe how much power she had, it was so much it overwhelmed me. Sybil had said that Mihaela had channelled the energy from an eclipse when she made the first vampire, so I realised Ophelia must've been channelling something too, I just didn't know what it was. She guided me to the center of the room, and she stood in front of me.

"Take off your clothes." she demanded. I frowned. I took of my clothes, everything but my underwear. I noticed there were two more vampires in the room, besides the one guarding the door. She was going to kill them, and she didn't care.

"Who is going to protect you once you kill all your bodyguards?" I asked. I hoped Dennis had listened to my cries for help and that he was putting a rescue team together as we spoke, and I thought it would be a good idea to stall her while I waited for Dennis to show up.

"I won't need protection once they are all dead, and neither will you." she said. "Now sit." she demanded. I sat with my knees on the floor, and she sat in front of me. "Stretch your legs." I did.

"I thought witches were supposed to protect all species." I said. She looked at me and gave me a half smile.

"All naturally born species, not abominations." she said.

I noticed all the witches in the circle took deep breaths and stretched, like they were getting ready for something big. I was now sitting with my naked legs stretched in front of me, just like in my dream. I took a deep breath and tried not to panic.

Dennis please. We don't have much time.

"Honey don't bother, I'm stronger that all your vampire friends. You saw that." Ophelia said like she could read my mind. Real fear invaded me. They were going to die, and I couldn't do anything about it.

One of the twins slid a sharp knife across the floor. Ophelia took it and she looked at me for a moment before taking a deep breath. I knew she was going to start making cuts on my legs, I'd seen it.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment." she said, with excitement in her voice. She was savoring the moment.

Dennis!

"You won't get away with this." I said as a cheap attempt to stall her. I still caught her attention.

"You think your vampire boyfriends are going to save you?" she looked amused. "Look around, darling. I can use them as puppets now." she bragged. I wanted to punch her in the face, which was very out of character for me, but I just did. I took a deep breath, trying to come up with ways to avoid the extinction of an entire species.

"The Academy..." I started another attempt to distract her, but I was interrupted.

"The Academy will be nothing but a distant memory in a few minutes." she said, and then she grabbed my left leg with her hand. "Now shut up and let's get this over with." she was onto me. She had seen right through my cheap attempts to stall her, and she'd had enough.

She took the knife and made one big horizontal cut on my left upper thigh. I screamed in pain, but nobody around me even blinked. I closed my eyes and arched my back until I almost fell to the floor. I tried to distract myself from the pain, but it was impossible. She made another cut just like the last one in my right leg and I had the same reaction as before. The witches started speaking in a different language, just like in my nightmare, and Ophelia made another cut on each leg, right under the other ones. I felt the tears fill up my eyes as the pain fill up every part of my body. The whispers of the witches turned into screams, as they intensely chanted words in Latin like their lives depended on it. It was Latin, I realised as I tried to stay conscious.

Ophelia made a few more cuts around my legs and the pain got more and more unbearable. I noticed then that Alexander's blood was in me, but it wasn't healing me. I attributed this to Ophelia, whose power was beyond my understanding at this point.

I was shaking on the floor, covered in my own blood as I screamed Dennis' name I my mind. It was the end. I wondered if I could survive it. I had to, otherwise I'd wake up as a vampire and Ophelia's plan would go to shit. Or maybe once she finished her spell the magic of Alexander's blood would go away, and I would just stay dead. I didn't know which option was worse, and I didn't have time to think about it.

The windows and doors of the house abruptly opened, and wind moved almost everything inside. Their power made the ground shake as they screamed in harmony. I could barely stay awake, but then I suddenly felt a rush of power. I could feel their power, more than before even. I didn't know why, but I just did. I could feel the energy going from one witch to the other and finally to me. I could also feel more than six witches, far more. They were channelling Mihaela and the rest of the witches that had died that day two thousand years ago. I didn't even know if it was possible, but I could feel it. I could feel it so intensely, in fact, that I could at one point see Mihaela and the hundreds of witches all screaming the same words.

"Vim extermina omni malo creata est!" they all screamed with all the air in their lungs. All hundreds of witches.

I could feel their power go through me, and I almost felt like I could use it.

"Mihaela: da nobis potestas ad malum ad summum seu creata est!" they kept screaming, as the windows opened wide and shut closed continuously because of all the wind, and the ground shook underneath us.

I could use their power. I felt it going through my veins and invade me completely. There was no pain anymore, just power. I sat up as I felt all the energy fill me up completely. I could also feel the power in Alexander's blood, which wasn't just making me high anymore, but it was erasing the pain. I put both of my hands on the ground and I screamed. I screamed as loud as my lungs allowed me to without separating my hands from the floor. I was channelling them, and I didn't know how. I wasn't a witch, I was sure of that, but I could still feel their energy pass through me.

I screamed for a full minute, with my eyes tightly closed and my hands to the ground. I was shaking, but I didn't let that stop me. I arched my back as I felt the power invade me to an overwhelming point, but I didn't take my hands off the ground. I stopped screaming once I felt empty, like I had spent all the energy, and what I saw made my jaw drop.

They were all on the floor. Mihaela and her coven had disappeared, but the ones that were alive were now laying on the ground. They weren't dead, just unconscious. I looked around me, completely flabbergasted, and unsure of what had happened.

Then Alexander walked into the house at vampire speed, and he looked at me with wide open eyes and his jaw to the floor.

Had I done that?

________________

Hi!!! I hope you enjoyed this chepter.

I realized the world cound is amost 90.000 words and we're getting close to the end, I'm so excited :)

How do you think the story's going to end?

Vote & Comment, ily <3