2. "Barely alive"

After being out for a while, I finally started feeling my body again. The first thing I did when I became conscious of myself again was to open my eyes. I realized I was laying on a bed in a room that looked at least a hundred years old, and smelled like it to, and my first instinct was to get up, which was a mistake. The room around me started to spin as soon as I attempted to get out of the bed, so I went back down before I could really get out. I decided to try again a second later, but slower, and this time it worked. I walked around the room for a minute to try and figure out where the hell I was. The walls were painted grey, but pieces of the grey paint were missing in most of them. There was only one window, located in front of the old dusty bed, and it showed the dark night sky.

"Well, at least it's not morning yet. Maybe nobody has noticed I'm gone" I thought, as I approached the window.

I tried to open it, but I was unsuccessful. If I had been abducted by someone, I doubt they would just leave the window open, but surprisingly, the door was. The door revealed a long hall with a lot of doors on the sides of it, and a stair going down at the end of it. I headed for the stairs, trying to be really quiet. If the being that was holding me prisoner was a vampire, then being quiet was a waste of time, because they could hear everything, or so they had said on the tv.

Somehow I managed to get down the stairs without being stopped by a vampire biting me on the neck, but what I saw when I got to the foot of the stairs surprised me even more.

A man was standing there, like he was waiting for me. The man was a vampire, I could tell, but for some reason I didn't feel threaten by him like I did by the guy that bit my neck. The first thing I noticed from the vampire was that he was handsome. He was about six feet tall, which made him about 4 inches taller than me, he had dark short hair and deep blue eyes. The second I saw him, I gasped and took a step back, only to find the second step of the stairs, so I stumbled. Before my head could hit one of the steps of the stairs and break in two, the vampire held me by the waist and stopped me from falling.

My arms went to his shoulders as an attempt to make sure I wasn't going to fall, and his hands stayed on my waist long enough to make me blush. After I was sure I wasn't going to fall, I pushed him away and started walking away from him, towards what looked like the front door.

"Don't be scared, I won't hurt you." he looked at me differently, like he was trying to hypnotize me or something, but then when I looked away his expression turned to a very surprised one. The living room -where we were now- was just as messy and horrible as the upstairs hall, but wider. So, I kept walking towards the door, but without taking my eyes off the vampire, just in case he decided to be a bad guy all of the sudden.

When I was about to make it to the door, I turned around fully and went to get the doorknob, but I was stopped. The vampire had put himself in between me and my way out, which scared me enough to let out another gasp.

"Get out of my way." maybe I was being stupid and reckless by talking to a vampire like that, but I was at a point in my life where I didn't really care. I tried to get out once again by pushing him to my left so he would get out of my way, needless to say that my attempt to move him did nothing to him, other than, make him smile.

"I just want to talk, I won't hurt you." he said again, like that would reassure me. There was something about him that made me curious, I didn't know if it was because he was a vampire, or because it was him.

I hadn't thought much about the events of last night, just because I hadn't had time to. Maybe this vampire had some answers. I was sure that he wasn't the one that attacked me, but maybe he was the one that saved me, and if that was the case, the least I could do now was to talk to him.