Chapter 42 Black Bulls vs Vetto Part 1

Start from the beginning

"I finally see why the Captain and everyone else has their eye on you Asta. You never know when to quit and that makes us seniors want to give it our all and not to get left behind."

As Vanessa said this, Vetto broke free from her threads. As this happened, Finral heard someone else approaching him. When this happened, he saw Kyoya carrying Ultear with him. As Kyoya placed Ultear against the cave, he starts to walk forward.

"Wait Kyoya! You feel that mana, don't you? We can't win this, so why even bother?"

"I'm scared Finral. Even now, my body is just screaming at me to run away. More than you can imagine. But if I lived because I was coward and it caused my friends to be killed.....I can never live with myself. Besides, there are some fights I can't just avoid."

As Kyoya walks forward, Finral couldn't believe what he was hearing. Soon Finral began to walk with Kyoya. He didn't even know why he walked with Kyoya, but he felt that he shouldn't stay back. As they walk towards Asta, the boy smiled as he saw his comrades coming to help.

Soon Vanessa wraps her threads around Asta's hands to help him carry his sword. Vanessa, Finral, and Kyoya all nod as they knew what they had to do. Soon Kyoya began the plan of attack.

"Ice Make:Arrows!!!!!!"

After first crafting a bow from ice, Kyoya forms multiple arrows from both hands and fires them at high speed towards Vetto

After first crafting a bow from ice, Kyoya forms multiple arrows from both hands and fires them at high speed towards Vetto. Seeing this, Vetto quickly charged forward as he dodged the arrows. His eyes suddenly became wide when some of the arrows pierced his back. When he turned around, he saw spatial magic portals hovering over him.

While he was distracted, Asta quickly charged forward as he slashed Vetto across his chest with his blade. Soon Vetto swung his arm at Asta, but suddenly Vanessa tugged the threads that surrounded Asta's body and pulled him away from Vetto.

"Ice-Make:Ice Impact!!!!!"

Kyoya creates an intricately-designed hammer made of ice, which he brought down onto Vetto, creating a great impact

Kyoya creates an intricately-designed hammer made of ice, which he brought down onto Vetto, creating a great impact. As Vetto caught the hammer, Asta soon slashed Vetto's back. Soon Vetto crushed the hammer made of ice and tried to swing at Asta, but Finral made another portal for Asta to go through. Soon Vetto thought to himself.

"The brat with no magic, he's the only threat that could possibly defeat me but he can't do that on his own. The woman has threads all around the area, ready to wrap around the kid and pull him away. Not to mention that the spatial mage can use his magic to send the kid into any direction that's best suited for him to attack. Not to mention that the ice mage is distracting me with continuous attacks."

"Ice-Make:Ice Geyser!!!!!!"

Kyoya uses both hands to freeze the ground in front of him and creates a single tower of ice spikes that impales Vetto

Kyoya uses both hands to freeze the ground in front of him and creates a single tower of ice spikes that impales Vetto. While this happened, Asta dashed around Vetto and tried to slash him again. But instead, Vetto swiped his claw at Asta's side. As this happened, Kyoya realized how easy it was to hit him and that was the problem.

"He's slowed down his attack to figure out the timing of our attacks. To look for any gaps or openings that we may give. Damn.....this guy really is a beast. Asta!!! Can you keep going?!"

"Of course....i'm not giving up...until we bring him down!!!!!"

Kyoya smiled at this. He could tell that Vanessa and Finral were also draining a lot of their magic power. Soon Kyoya sighed as he knew what he had to do.

"I've been playing it safe and been using individual spells that don't take too much mana. But considering that isn't going to work, i'll have to throw caution out the window. If we want to throw him in for a loop, I can't just rely on one careful attack. Finral, Asta, Vanessa!!!! Let's do this!"

The Black Bulls vs Vetto the Despair. As the battle continues, Kyoya is ready to pull out all the stops and give this fight everything that he has. It's time for the Black Bulls to surpass their limits.