2.20 Wiping Away

Thank you so much for all of your votes, comments, and support!!! They really make my day and encourage me to keep writing!!

Any comments, suggestions, and questions are welcome! I believe the reaction buttons are anonymous if you prefer that, too!

***

Reference:

Aoba Johsai Private High School (Seijoh):
Head Coach - Irihata Nobuteru
Coach - Mizoguchi Sadayuki
#1 Oikawa Tōru (Captain) - 3 - S
#2 Matsukawa Issei - 3 - MB
#3 Hanamaki Takahiro - 3 - WS / Outside Hitter
#4 Iwaizumi Hajime (Vice Captain & Ace) - 3 - WS / Outside Hitter
#6 Yahaba Shigeru - 2 - S / Pinch Server
#7 Watari Shinji - 2 - Li
#12 Kindaichi Yūtarō - 1 - MB
#13 Kunimi Akira - 1 - WS / Opposite Hitter
#16 Kyōtani Kentarō - 2 - WS / Opposite Hitter

Karasuno High School:
Coach - Ukai Keishin
Teacher Advisor - Takeda Ittetsu
Manager - Shimizu Kiyoko - 3
Manager - Akatsuki Ai - 2
Manager - Yachi Hitoka - 1
#1 Sawamura Daichi (Captain) - 3 - WS / Opposite Hitter
#2 Sugawara Kōshi (Vice Captain) - 3 - S / Pinch Server
#3 Azumane Asahi (Ace) - 3 - WS / Opposite Hitter
#4 Nishinoya Yū - 2 - Li
#5 Tanaka Ryūnosuke - 2 - WS / Outside Hitter
#6 Ennoshita Chikara - 2 - WS / Outside Hitter
#7 Kinoshita Hisashi - 2 - WS / Pinch Server
#8 Narita Kazuhito - 2 - MB
#9 Kageyama Tobio - 1 - S
#10 Hinata Shōyō - 1 - MB
#11 Tsukishima Kei - 1 - MB
#12 Yamaguchi Tadashi - 1 - MB / Pinch Server

***

The guys were pumped up, and they raised their voices during warm-ups.

"Excuse us!" Ennoshita yelled when a ball rolled toward Seijoh's side, and Kageyama got into a small tussle with Oikawa even before the game began.

Yahaba and Kindaichi stared at the team with now three managers. The second-year setter was envious, and the first-year felt annoyed more than anything.

As Hanamaki warmed up with receives, one of them accidentally flew toward Yachi with great velocity. Fortunately, Kiyoko deflected it.

A different ball rolled up to her feet from the other side of the court. Ai picked it up and turned toward the turquoise-blue and white team.

"Sorry!" Iwaizumi waved at her.

She walked over to give it back.
"Hajime-san," Ai greeted. "It's great to see you again." She bounced the blue and yellow Mikasa volleyball to him like she would a basketball.

"Thanks, Akatsuki. You, too." He caught it, feeling the slightest bit weird that she didn't throw it instead.

"Hello, Matsukawa-san, Akira."

The middle blocker and first-year each nodded to her. They looked at her without anything to say.
She was still basically a stranger to them, but Matsukawa had a slight smile at remembering how she'd celebrated the team's three previous birthdays.
Kunimi simply watched her from the corner of his eye, a bit judgmental.

Ai bowed politely and returned to her side of the team before Nishinoya attacked them. She left the team without managers in jealousy and awe. With Kiyoko, Ai, and Yachi, Karasuno now had a beautiful type, an elegant type, and a cute type of female managers.

Before going back to Karasuno however, she stopped by to speak to the other two.
"I hope you didn't think you could get past so easily, Shigeru-kun. I know what you're up to." She smirked and glanced at Kindaichi.