(((OVA Kuroko Tetsuya's Birthday (January 31) )))

***

She had gotten a call about a week before the date from Momoi. Ai was sitting in the shop, counting the card stock and ink pads on the shelf. Smiling at her phone screen, she spoke into the receiver. "Satsuki, what a wonderful surprise. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Tetsu-kun's birthday! I was thinking of getting everyone back together to play street basketball and celebrate!"

"That sounds very fun. I'll be there."

"Like Akatsuki's gonna pass this chance up," a husky voice in the background said.

Another person laughed brightly. "You're right. She'd never refuse!"

"Also, please give my regards to Ryōta-kun and Daiki-kun. I look forward to hearing the details, Satsuki."

"You got it! Bye!" There was a moment before she actually cut the call, and Ai heard her talking to her two companions. "Really, you guys? She heard yo-"

Ai smiled and made the event in her calendar.

———

On the morning of, she woke up and left the house early. Dawn was just cracking, and the cool air and colorful sky were energizing. She hopped on the train to Tokyo and arrived at the designated place just as she saw Murasakibara emerging from between the trees.

"Sorry I'm late." She joined the completed group. "It took longer than expected."

"Ai-chan! You made it!" Momoi hugged her.

"You came from Miyagi, Ai-cchi?" Kise beamed.

"Of course. Anything for the team." She smiled at Kuroko, giving him a small present. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you, Akatsuki-san." He had the sincerest smile she'd seen on him in a while.

"Right, then. Shall we begin?" Akashi stepped forward and took her hand, leading them onto the empty court.

.

They played until they were hungry, and around noon, they ate their lunches and some of Ai's cooking.

"It's been a while since I've had your food. Impeccable as always, Ai." Akashi smiled.

"I'm glad you like it, Seijuro. Your compliments are the highest honor," she said smiling back, knowing he always ate what his chefs prepared for him.

Her boyfriend chuckled.

"It beats Satsuki's, that's for sure." Aomine popped another ball of fried chicken into his mouth.

"What's that supposed to mean, Dai-chan?" Momoi pouted.

"I need more snacks," Murasakibara stated before standing up. "I'm gonna go buy some juice from the vending machine."

"Ai-chan, Ai-chan, did you know? Mukkun and Midorin almost never came! It was all thanks to Akashi-kun and Takao-kun."

Ai chuckled. "Are Cancers not lucky today?"

He touched his glasses. "Not as much as Aquarius or Gemini," he said, referring to Kuroko and her constellation signs.

"I'm sure your lucky item will suffice."

His lips curved up a little at her extensive knowledge of him, and Akashi explained that Rakuzan and Yōsen had a conjoined practice in Tokyo. She expressed her envy and talked about her Karasuno Volleyball Club.