(OLD) Chapter 6: [The Duke of Ursus]

Start from the beginning

"Thank you Lord Alban." Koshchei thanked as he poured more wine into both of their glasses.

"You're welcome Duke Koshchei. Cheers." The two of them clinked their glasses together and drank.

"We do have a special event planned for this evening. Is the Kaiser household able to make it?" Koshchei asked.

"Yes they are. Rye's mother is unable to make it however; she is currently on a business trip in Lungmen right now."

"Its a shame that she has business to do." Koshchei sighed.

"We both know that without her the marriage will succeed." Alban smirked. "We just need to get rid of her."

"That will happen in the future, before the marriage preparations."

"Where is your Talulah right now?" Alban asked.

"She is currently with Mr. Wyn at the moment. Where is Rye?"

"He is currently being taught manners at the moment. The two of them have a strange affinity for each other." The two of them laughed as they drank their wine.

"That party was with the 'esteemed' ruler of Lungmen." Koshchei remarked.

"Wei Yenwu won't be attending this party right?"

"He won't. Fumizuki Wei will be here tonight."

"Anyone else?"

"I have to check. Ms. Eva please fetch me the list of the guests." Koshchei called.

"Yes Master." The maid returned will a complete list of all of the guests.

"Let's see. We have." Koshchei began reading off the list.

"Fumizuki Wei.

"Jonathon Psalm.

"Ethan Atlas.

"Cherry Dwight."

Koshchei read down the list as Kaiser Alban listened carefully. There was a large number of guests that were invited to Koshchei's dinner party. It took Koshchei almost five minutes before finishing the list.

"Our general Buldrokkas'tee.

"And lastly the esteemed Dr. Kalst'tit."

Koshchei handed the sheet back to his maid.

"Isn't Kals'tit the head of a pharmaceutical company?" Alban asked as they finished all the wine in the bottle.

"Yes she is." Koshchei replied. "However, the company does have a lot of military personnel. Not professionals."

"Why did you invite her?"

"She is our esteemed guest. And she is a doctor and my physician's teacher."

"I see." The two gentlemen stood up.

"Thank you for coming today Lord Alban." Koshchei states. "I will see you later tonight."

"Have a good rest of your morning." Lord Kaiser Alban left the room.

"Master Koshchei." Ms. Eva, his maid called. "Master Talulah is refusing to wear her dress for the party."

"Is it the dress my butler found?" Koshchei asked.

"No master." She said.

"I will go there myself. Tell the servants in the room to leave. I will speak to my daughter."

"Yes master." She hurried to the room as Koshchei walked to his grand elevator and up to Talulah's room.

When Koshchei entered the room he saw Talulah in her nightgown sitting on her bed, while staring out the window. The room was decorated in a marvelous fashion. Victorian style furniture resided in the room while a large stained glass window was perched above a desk. The room was the very definition of a child's dream bedroom. But its resident isn't very happy.