C2: Adoption Day!

-Mark-

I was woken up by my alarm.
I dragged myself out of bed and grabbed my phone, which was on the other side of my room.

As soon I read the notification, my eyes shot open and I smiled wide.
Today I was going to adopt a girl from LA Orphanage.

I've been dreaming about this day ever since I came up with the idea about a year ago.
That was back when I still lived with my family, though.

But now, I actually have a house and can physically be able of taking care of some one.

I've always been told I'd make a great dad.

I posted something quick on Twitter, instantly getting replies.

_______________

Going to the Orphanage today! :D
_______________

Good Luck, Mark!

Make sure she's a gamer!

Don't spoil her too much!!

And etc.

I smiled at the comments and quickly changed into something nice and fatherly like.
Hopefully I don't look too old.

I grabbed my keys and drove toward the orphanage. I stopped to eat some breakfast at a nearby McDonalds.

While I ate, I thought about what she would look like.
The reason I wanted to adopt was because, I wanted to start a family.
I felt lonely.
I didn't want a girlfriend, but someone who would look up to me; someone who needed a parent in their life.

I decided it didn't matter what she looked like.
It was her personality that was ultimately going to end up winning me over.

-Leilah-

I ended up grabbing a yellow dress, that just covered my knees with puffed up sleeves and white strap sandals with little flowers on them for Adoption Day.

With them, I chose an old red baseball tee with a Princess on it because I thought it was cute and bright red shorts.

I woke up around 8am and couldn't contain my excitement.

I quickly changed into my dress and sandals, all the while humming a random tune.
The collar was kind of itchy, but I didn't really mind.

Bry got up while I was changing and she shot up faster than I did, ripping open the closet door and pulling out her new jeans and light blue long sleeve with little jem stones along the collar.

We brushed our hair side by side and hugged before meeting everyone down stairs for breakfast.

We ran down the stairs and when everyone saw us they gasped.

Everyone asked where I got my dress until another orphan, Alexis, stood up and walked over to me.

"You look stupid in that dress, Leilah." She crossed her arms and her little group did the same.
Bry scowled from behind me as they inched closer.

"You must be looking at a mirror then!" I spat at her, walking towards the cabinets and grabbing a bowl for Bry and I.

Her face turned red and she huffed before going back to where she sat, all the other orphans giggling at her failed attempt of embarrassing me.

Bry and I ate our cereal in silence until I felt a tap on my shoulder.
As turned around I felt something splash onto the lower half of my body.
"Now you really do look stupid! Haha!" Alexis and her friends laughed like the wicked witches they were.
I stared in horror at my new dress, dripping with grape juice.
I cried like a baby while Alexis and her friends mocked me and everyone else stood there, shocked.

Bry stood up and backed up from the purple puddle dripping onto the floor from my dress. Bry shoved Alexis out of the way and pushed me up stairs into our bath room.

"Freaking jerks..." she muttered as she quickly peeled off my dress, leaving me in my underwear.

(We've seen each other change hundreds of times, we're basically sisters.)

She grabbed a towel from inside one of the cabinets and dried OFF my dress as best she could before handing me the towel to get rid of the excess juice on myself.

She left while I dried off and brought me my other new clothes.

I smiled at her as she gave me a grin before leaving me to change.

I pulled on the soft shirt and tugged on my shorts. I looked at myself in the mirror.
My eyes were puffy and my hair was a mess.

I let out sniffle before wiping away the excess tears.
I ran out of the bathroom and Bry and I waited in our room until it was time for the interviews.

~

-Mark-

I got there a bit late, traffic was insane. I found a nice parking spot near the door and smiled at all the drawings on the walls of the lobby.

Some were little hand prints, others were large.
All sorts of sizes and shapes, all with names written at the top. Some handwriting was hectic, others were organized. I rubbed my eyes and walked up the counter.

"Hello, ma'am. I'm here to adopt a girl today." I said happiness in my voice.

"Good morning! You're the young man from the other day... What was your name again?" She smiled up at me from her chair and held a pen and list in her hands.

"Mark. Mark Fischbach." I answered.
She wrote my name down and pointed towards the waiting room where other couples were already seated.
They smiled at me and I gave them a small grin as I took a seat closest to the door.

I waited in anticipation; one by one, each couple was asked to go talk to a girl. I must've been the last one to come in, because finally, I was called to interview the girls.

The interviews were in order from smallest to oldest. I didn't want a baby, so I was talking to the 10-15 section.

One by one a girl would be brought in for me to meet. This is going to be tough decision.

<><><><><>
Please vote and comment!
-Rose