C19: Family and Italian

After their sudden tickle battle, both of them crashed on the carpeted floor. Both of them soon got off the floor and Mark made his way over the his room, Leilah to her own.

"Hey, I've been meaning to take you to this local restaurant, you wanna go their? I'm starving!" Mark yelled checking the time on his phone.

"What is it?!" She yelled from her room grabbing her fully charged phone off her night stand and shoving into her back pocket.

"Italian," he said, walking into her room. "Sound good? I hear the pasta their is really nice."

"I've never had Italian before... That's in Mexico, right?" she asked, updating her twitter as she followed him out her room and back down stairs.

"Haha! No, it's in Europe. Though, I can see why you'd be confused," he pondered, grabbing his keys off the kitchen counter.

"I wonder if we'll meet any fans..." she said mischievously, slowly sliding her phone back into her back pocket.

"That'd fun, we can all eat pasta together," he said jokingly, holding the car door open for Leilah as she hopped in and put on her seat-belt.

Leilah has felt a lot better about being in cars, thankfully. Mark thinks it's because he always talks to her, keeping her mind off the rode. And he only plays CD's now, just to be safe.

He currently had 'Save Rock and Roll' by Fall Out Boy quietly playing as they talked on their way to the restaurant.

"Did you go to a public school, or did they teach you guys there at the orphanage?" Mark asked, stopping at red light.

"Oh, yeah. We go to school and all that, too. I didn't like my school though, none of us did. All of us got made fun of for being orphans," she shrugged. "I'm just glad I still have a while before school starts."

"Gosh, why are kids so mean to each other? You don't have to worry about them anymore. I'm moving you to a different school. I hear it's really nice and secure, too. I thought this whole thing through before I adopted you."

"I watched your 'Draw my Life' by the way... I'm sorry about your dad... he sounded like a good guy." Leilah said, scratching her shoulder, watching the red light turn green.

"He really was. I'll tell you about him at the restaurant. I was going through a really tough time then; part of the reason I started getting serious was this whole YouTube thing." Mark smiled, driving forward.

Leilah was excited to learn more about Mark and his life. Hopefully the fans would let them eat, since she only had the tweet of where they were for only for 2 minutes, then taking it down.

They arrived at the restaurant, seeing a small group of boys chatting outside. They saw Mark getting out of his car and half of them flipped out.

"Oh my gosh, Mark, I- We- Oh jeez," The tallest one didn't know what to say and laughed nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"I think what Marcus is trying to say is 'Hi, how are you?' We don't wanna you guys too much, but can we get a group picture, then we'll be out of your hair?" The boy next to him said, in a thick Australian accent.

"Yeah, of course! I'm just a regular dude, no need to get crazy," Mark laughed, patting the tallest, Marcus on the back.

Leilah stepped aside, watching extend his arm and quickly snapping the picture and awkwardly shuffling away from Mark. He was really shy from what Leilah could tell.

"How did you guys even know we'd be here?" Mark said, looking at Leilah from the corner of his eye.

"Oh uh, we saw you guys were coming here on twitter- My buddy Marcus here flipped out because he works here!" the Australian one said. "Called us as son as he got the notification,"

"Oh, I see..." Mark said, chuckling. "Yeah, Leilah kinda does whatever she wants on there..." he trailed off.

"Well, I-I'm glad she did, Mark. If s-she hadn't, I would have never met you!" Marcus said. "So, thank you, Leilah.

Leilah smiled, pulling out her phone. "Come here, Marcus." Leilah said, waving him to come next to her. He knelt down by her side and smiled as she took a quick picture of both of them.

"I'm just a girl who got really lucky apparently." She said, grabbing Marks hand in hers.

"Oh my goodness, you two must be starving! L-Let me get you guys a table," Marcus said, saying goodbye to his friends and pulling Mark and Leilah into the restaurant.