C14: Electronics

Mark had a bit of trouble putting Leilah to bed after that, but finally after countless I love you's and They aren't gonna take you's, Mark was able to get her to fall asleep.

He swiftly brushed the loose strand of hair behind her ear and left the room after placing a peck on her cheek.

-

Leilah was elated the whole drive to Best Buy. She wasn't exactly sure what an 11 year old needed a phone for, but that only made her more excited.

All the possibilities at her fingertips!

Mark kept going on and on about making her twitter. She had seen people talk about it back at the orphanage, but never really knew the purpose of it.

Never the less, they entered the store and went directly to the iPhone 5c's

Mark thought since she's a kid she'd want something with color on it.

"See a color you like?" Mark said, motioning his head towards the assortment of candy colored phones.

Leilah's eyes instantly landed on the the bright yellow plastic phone.

She went over to the phone, gently picking it up and tapping on the home button.

"How do I play games on it?"

Mark burst out laughing.

"Swipe to the right..." he said after catching himself.

Leilah hums before using her finger to swipe, causing the screen to burst with icons. Her eyes lit up at the neon colors on the screen.

"Woah.. What.." Leilah gasped.

"You want that one?" Mark asked giddily.

"Uhh... yeah... I mean, if you're gonna buy it?" she answered shyly from the sudden question.

Mark guffawed at her once again.

"I already told you," he began. "If I'm gonna be your dad, or whatever, you gotta let me spoil you! Just go with it,"

Leilah let out a short breath, quickly nodding her head and poking Mark on the arm.

"You're right, you're right. Yes, I want this one. There's a lot of colors... but the yellow one is really cute." she concluded.

A very excited looking sales associate suddenly walked over.

"Oh my goodness! Mark, I am such a huge fan!" she said covering her mouth but quickly composing herself.

"B-But, are you finding everything ok?" she said, putting her hands behind her back and fiddling with her back pockets and looking at Mark in anticipation.

Mark lit up.

"Aww, thank you! Oh yeah! Everything is going ok; just getting Leilah a phone and such... actually do you know the phone cases are...? Like the ones that are different colors with the dots on them?"

She nodded and responded happily, Leilah once again being very confused the whole while.

"Oh, of course," she said, looking at Leilah happily. "Follow me, they are right over here," she said motioning with her towards the general direction, smiling down at Leilah once again.

Mark held out his hand to Leilah, which she grabbed without really thinking and swifly following behind the woman, a foot or so in front of Mark.

Mark chuckled at her eagerness.

"Here, they are. These are the only colors that are in stock right now," she states, using her finger to point at the 4 colors hanging off the horizontal rack.

Leilah went up to the cases, thinking which color would look best with yellow.

While choosing her case, the woman asked if she can get a quick photo with Mark, which he agreed to. (Duh)

Once she got the photo, she wished them a good day, waving goodbye and taking her leave, earning a small thanks from Leilah.

"Thanks for your help!" Mark said after her, making her turn around and wave once again.

"She was nice..." Leilah said, grabbing a pink case and examining it.

"How would this look on yellow?" Leilah said, more to herself.

Mark looked up in thought. imagining the phone with the case on it.

"I think it looks cute..." Mark spoke awkwardly.

"Yeah, me too. Then yeah, let's get this one," she concluded, handing Mark the salmon case and following him over to the tech area once again.

"We gotta get the iPad too..." Mark mumbled to himself.

"Hey, Leilah," Mark said, kneeling down. "I'm gonna ask this guy to get your stuff from the back; can you go get an iPad mini case thing real quick though?"

"Uhhhh, yeah. I'll do that." she responded, doing a mocking salute and quickly fast walking back to the area they were in before.

-

After picking out her new bright yellow case, she waddled back over to Mark and handed it to him.

"Good job, mouse." he smiled, ruffling Leilah's hair before returning to attention back to the man behind the counter.

-//-

After Mark got everything set up with the worker, getting the insurance and all the jazz, they drove back home.

Mark was so excited to make Leilah a Twitter and have her interacting with his fans. He loved his fans so much, and he knew that they would treat Leilah well.

<><><><>

Sorry if this is a bit boring? I can't tell if I'm adding too much detail.

-Rose