C7: To the Beach!

Mark and Leilah were both very excited to go to the beach the next morning; Leilah mostly.

Leilah hopped out of her bed early in the morning to go and wake up Mark from his slumber.

They both got up to pack their clothes and Mark said he'd buy her a swim suit and sand toys when they got to the beach.
There's always stores that sell that kind of stuff anyway.

They piled a big beach bag filled with a large variety food and a mini cooler into the back seat and drove off towards the coast.

They were going to stay for two days there so they could catch the Carnival the next day.

They checked into the hotel and Mark changed before grabbing his keys and taking Leilah to a little place called Hawaiian Island.

The bell rang as they entered, signaling a saleswoman to greet them.
Mark nodded at the woman and then pointed the unsuspecting Leilah.

The woman nodded happily and went up the Leilah, kneeling beside her.

"Hi there! My name's Barb. do ya' want me to help you find you a swimsuit?"

Leilah beamed at Barb, nodding her head following Barb deeper into the store.
Mark followed behind.

---

Barb searched through the infants rack and pulled out a one piece swimsuit.
It was white and blue striped and the straps on the shoulders were light pink and white striped with little buttons lining the top of the swimsuit above the chest.

Leilah's eyes lit up at the sight. Barb handed it to her, smiling wide.

"You like that one, Leilah?" Mark asked, chuckling at her.

Leilah giggled and nodded, holding the suit in her hands.

"She can try it on and if she likes it then ya'll can buy it and go; no hustle." Barb said, heading back to her post.

"Thank you!" Mark called to her, making Barb hold her hand up as she walked away.

-

Leilah spun around in her suit as she walked out of the dressing room.
She was in love with this suit and couldn't wait to go in the water now.

They paid for the suit and a little bag of beach toys that were hanging off a rack by the counter (Leilah didn't have to change is what Barb meant) and headed towards the beach access.

-

Mark set up a medium sized umbrella and chair next to the bag of food and cooler on top of an old towel.
Leilah was testing the water and hopping along the shore line.

Mark finished setting up and admired his handy work before running towards the water.

He stood beside her, testing the waters with his foot. Leilah giggled and shook her head as she tried getting her entire foot and a bit of her ankle under the slightly cold water.

She shrieked at the feeling of waves hitting her warm legs.

"Are we getting in or what?" Mark asked, rather apprehensively.

"It's so cold!!" She yelled to him, which he laughed at.

"Do you know how to swim?" Mark asked.

Leilah shook her head.
"My parents never taught me."

"Well, I think it's about time you learn," Mark said, stepping a foot into the water. "Let's stay close to shore though, ok?"

Leilah nodded and walked into the water a bit more, Mark timidly following behind her,

They were soon splashing and laughing.

Mark looked up at the sun.

"We should eat... it's about 12ish so-"

"Race yah!!" Leilah said, pushing Mark out of the way and sprinting to shore.

"Hey! Not fair!" He said walking up to their spot.

Leilah stuck out her tongue and did a little dance they both laughed at.