Ken

We can love who we want to
Don't say he's not supposed to
If he loves Ken not Barbie
He doesn't have to say sorry

No, not to you
Not to me
Not to anyone, anyone, anyone

- Ken and Barbie by Kate Gill

---

Team

Team

I scratched the side of my head unsure how to explain to Maae who I was exactly looking for.

"The older boy I told you about over the phone. Hia Win. Have you seen him?", I told her.

I'm not sure if she remembers the exact phone call in where she asked if I was bringing a girlfriend home and I corrected her that it was a boy.

"You mean the blonde man who was in your room?", she asked and I nodded.

She went back to her laptop and shrugged, "I told him to transfer to the guest room and he didn't refuse."

I stared at her in disbelief and asked her why, "Tum mai?"

"Because he's a guest.", she answered simply.

"But I stayed at his house last summer and I wasn't treated that way.", I reasoned out with her.

She looked at me again from her laptop, "So you're returning the hospitality?".

"Mai chai.", I answered automatically and stopped.

I thought about what she said and it seems she was trying to get further clarification about my relationship with Hia. There she was again, waiting for something from me.

My responses to her varies. At times I would be silent and nonchalant. It would sometimes make her wonder but often she would brush it off. Of course there were times when I was also her sweet little obedient boy but that can also be tiring to maintain specially I was already growing up.

I have been defiant before and tried the bratty approach. Consequences did follow after. Am I ready for the consequence if I choose that road?

I wanted to choose my battles well as I have chosen Hia. I decided not to push the conversation and left her hanging. I found myself walking the path were Hia would be. I wanted to know how he was and if he had chosen where I choose to follow.

---