Chapter 19

" I emerge from the waves and cough on air. Because I spent so long drowning I forgot how to breathe."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I move away from the wall looking down to the ground. How on earth am I supposed to tell them about the other alpha. Will they hurt me like last time blinded by jealousy... How should I approach this? Who am I kidding after what happened the other day, and now my best friend that I had known for years is dead. God, why am I now tearing up am I that void of emotion. I don't even want to be alive at this point. What do I have to look for? Being the wife of these neanderthals? Being a mother? Just being alive to be alive?

Rolan quickly comes over to me putting me in his arms, "Dove what's wrong?"

My eyes had turned red from crying. What/who on earth am I living for. No one I have no one. Lia this no time for crying you have to handle the situation at hand. We need to take care of that other alpha. It's acting time. 

Rolans body heat gets closer to mine as I lean my head on his chest.  " The other Alpha is after me for some reason," I say sniffling. 

"What the hell do you mean mate," Chris asked angrily.

I make sure to make a frightened gasp, " He told me he killed daisy, and that he was coming to take me from the both of you."

The two men growl in response to my statement. Rolan tightens his arms around me, while Chris had an unsettled look about him. 

Shivering I look up at the monster with the most pitiful look I could muster, " Love I'm scared."

Disgusting

" Don't worry dove we'll protect you," Rolan says smiling down at me. 

I avert my eyes faking shyness," Well I think you only mean you. Chris doesn't care about me." I inwardly smile at the small payback I'm about to get. "I saw Christ having sex with another woman, so I guess you have me all to yourself," I quietly spoke kissing the monster on the lip. 

I see Rolan's eyes slightly turn black from arousal. He uses his right hand to grab my neck to push me more into the kiss," I guess you're all mine then."

"That isn't fair you weren't giving neither of us what a mate is supposed to give, you can't be mad at me for going to someone else," Chris says angrily. 

Hmm how should  I respond I want to say how I really feel, but I think I should continue to act. It's so disgusting though I need to remember to wash my mouth later. Stupid monsters thinking ill ever have feelings for them after everything I've gone through. I inwardly sigh the show must go on. 

Putting my fist softly on Rolan's waist I sob quietly," I was just scared of you both and you wouldn't even give me time to get used to you both. I'm human I don't feel the bond-like werewolf do. Not to mention that you took my virginity when I wasn't even ready It hurt a lot," I finish the last statement full on crying." 

Rolan moves his arms around me hugging me," I'm sorry Dove I wasn't thinking clearly that night I have felt bad ever since."

Liar

Peering over towards Chris I see him looking towards the ground ashamed. Good

Rolan gently lifts me off my feet," I'm sorry Dove."

I look up at him," Why".

He purses his lips," I need to put you back in that cell."

My victory short-lived, " W-why," I say trying not to panic.

"While we're away we need to make sure you don't run away," He simply puts.

I bite my lip trying not to cry," Please I won't run I don't want to go down there please," I beg.

" Dove I'm sorry but I need to know you're safe if I might be gone for a while," He opens the basement door.

" Please I'll be good don't lock me down here," I say trying to get out of his arms. 

He opens the jail-like room open and places me on a mattress then quickly locks me inside leaving me alone.

I stare at the closed basement door in a void of emotions, it's so dark in here. The last time I was in here I had the key so I didn't mind,  this cell was shielding me from any more advances those two were thinking of. Now I'm stuck in here with no way out.  My hands squeeze the mattress below me, this isn't fair.  

Tears slowly go down my face while I laugh," God." I'm talking about unfairness when my best friend a sister to me died basically because of me. Everything is my fault, I lean my body next to the cell wall looking blankly towards the ground.

* Clash*

My body jerks up from loud noises coming from upstairs, how long was I out of it. I glance wearily at the basement door wondering what's happening. Was it all a misunderstanding, did a battle occur, if there was who won?

I hear a slight clank from the basement door, while the light from upstairs filled the cold jail room. I move back slightly gasping, a figure that looked just like daisy's mate stood at the basement door looking down at me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! It's been a while this past year has been really crazy because of covid. I hope everyone is doing great.