Chapter 2

I wake up from my sleep with sunlight streaming in from the window and the calming sounds of mocking birds chirping in the morning.After laying on the bed for awhile, I decided to get up and go to the bathroom.While brushing my teeth, my mind starts to wander off.It's been two weeks since the meeting on the Mating Games.Tomorrow is the day when all the girls fly to Russia, where the games are always held.I hate how its in Russia, it's to cold, obviously they did that on purpose, it gives us human girls a disadvantage.It's always cold there making us vulnerable to the weather, where as those monsters have fur and are immune to the cold.Getting angry over the whole situation, I stop brushing my teeth, I spit out my toothpaste and left the bathroom.I go to my closet and pick a regular black t shirt and a pair of skinny jeans.

I walk down the stairs with what I was thinking about earlier still on my mind.I go into the kitchen and read the time on the microwave: 11am, crap its past breakfast and Daisy already left for work."I guess I'll go into town and get some Taco Bell," I mumble to myself.

I go outside locking the door behind me and head to my beautiful baby blue bug.I get inside the car and started up the engine making my way out of the driveway and head into town.I pull into Taco Bell and park near the door.I pull the door open, and walk into Taco Bell, I walk up to the cashier and ask for 2 cheese nachos, a mountain Dew slushie, and a 5 layer burrito.

"Okay would that be all, "the teen asked.

"Yes please," I said.

"Okay that will be $7," he says.

I hand him a 10, "here's your change have a nice day," he says smiling.I thank him and go find myself a seat."Number 23," I hear.I get up and collect my food, I walk back to my table, and start eating.Gosh I'm gone miss this I love Taco Bell, if one of those dogs are actually my mate I promise to make their life a living hell, I think to myself, in the name of nachos!After I'm done eating, I get up, throw away my trash, and get into my car.I go to Walmart to get some of the things I will need for the trip and for the dreaded games.I pick out some good running shoes, sweat pants , a long sleeve sweatshirt, and a hoodie.While i'm at it I pick up some spinach ravioli for my last meal home, my favorite food.I go to check out and buy all the things, and head to the car.

I get back home just in time for Daisy to be pulling up as well.

"Hi Daisy," I wave, why didn't you wake me up his morning.

"Sorry i kind of was in a hurry, I woke up late as well, "she said innocently.

"Have you packed for the games," I asked.

"Yeah, "she whispers," I don't want to go," she says.

"I know I don't either", I whisper.

Daisy walks away, with a sad look on her face and goes into the living room.I go to the kitchen, and start cooking.

"Daisy," I yelled, "do you want garlic toast and spinach ravioli for dinner."

"Of course, I love garlic toast, its bae, "she answered.Laughing I put the bread into the oven, turning it to 350°.Putting a pot filled with water on the stove, I poured all the ravioli out of the bag into the pot.I then started on Dessert: Turtle Cake with Caramel Ice Cream for Daisy, and a Strawberry Cheesecake for myself.

After preparing everything, I leave the kitchen going to the living room.I sit on the couch across from Daisy,  watching the news.

"It smells so good," Daisy yells," I can't wait for dinner."

"I'm glad," I smiled. I made our favorite meals for the last dinner here for awhile.

"Lia, we can do this those monsters can't claim us as long as we hide the whole entire games, both of us will be helping each other out, "Daisy says.

"Okay," I respond solemnly.

We can do this!