Chapter 18

"The most exciting rhythms seem unexpected and complex, the most beautiful melodies simple and inevitable." – W.H. Auden

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gave him a weirded-out gaze. "Why are you upset, you obviously don't care about me?""I-I love you," He said taken back by my statement.I squinted my eyes, "Okay." I can't help his delusions it's best just to ignore him. I wonder where Rolan is I need to tell him about the other alpha. I go back to eating my food as Chris watches me like a lost puppy."ugh," I toss my spoon into my bowl angrily. I glare up at Chris," What do you want."He glares down at me," I need more of a reaction from you!""Reaction?" I look at him stupidly.He bites his inner cheek, "I really want our relationship to develop, and you're not even trying! After that fit that you threw the other day, I wanted to give up on you. It sure of would've been worse off if you decided to run off because we pushed you too hard. Even with a million mouths, I have no good excuse other than that I was selfish and wanted you to accept me as your mate. Nobody's perfect."I scoff looking to the side in disbelief, "It sounds to me you just want me to fake my affection. A "fit" you say are you kidding me! You forced yourself on me, the both of you did! You raped me!"We did no such thing; we were just claiming what's rightfully ours!" He shouts back.I slam my hand down on the table," Don't you dare interrupt me! I told you both plenty of times on where I stand. I said I wasn't ready, and yet you both took that as a yes, completely ignoring me. It's one thing to go slow for me since I'm not ready for this relationship it's another to force it on me.I stand up abruptly from the table grabbing my dishes. "I'm done with this conversation, and I'm done with you," I say as I walk into the kitchen placing my dishes in the sink. I approach the stairs ready to go back to my room since Rolan isn't here. But I'm stopped by a hand yanking my arm back."Let me go!" I yell trying to get my arm released. He tightens his hold on my arm bruises forming, "I don't know where you're getting all this courage to talk back to me but it needs to stop. I am the one in charge, not you! I get to say if we are done talking not anyone else!" I whimper in pain," You're hurting me!" He lifts me up slightly by yanking me up from under my armpit. "Good," he whispers into my ear. He pushes me up against the wall giving me no wiggle room."Please," I beg still not able to move my arms. He chuckles into my neck, "You know what, it kind of turns me on how you struggle. Especially how you look right now. Your blouse slightly open, the bruises I inflicted on you, and god that beautiful face of yours that screams fear."I cry inwardly, this guy is crazy. He's a freaking lunatic, where's Rolan?"I think you secretly enjoy this, is that why you constantly try to make me angry," he questions while nibbling on my ear. "All you have to do is ask mate.""A-ask what?" I stutter out."That you want it rough," he says then immediately bites down on his mark on my neck. I hear a voice suddenly," Enough.""Ugh when did you get here Rolan, you ruined the mood," Chris says begrudgingly glaring down at me. Rolan simply ignores Chris by walking towards a cabinet. He opens it then pulls out a bottle of whiskey, pouring it into a glass. Looking worried Chris lets go of me," What's wrong?"" A pack has just trespassed onto our territory, I have sent our warriors to see why," he answers while staring right through my soul.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiiiiii everyone! Thanks for always supporting this book and me. I appreciate every single one of you! I actually just noticed that I never published this chapter and I'm truly sorry. I must have forgotten to press the publish button! XD Anyways thank you for reading! Remember to like, comment, and add me on Instagram @Niascupoftea