8| Is this how it feels?

NEXT DAY.

It was almost their second lecture and when the clock strikes at 11:23 am and all the mails of college popped up with the list of the contestants for the upcoming project.

For a second it was almost like Taehyung forgot to breathe. His hands were shaking and his heartbeat was pumping faster. Obviously, it was his dream project how could he feel okay about it anyway. He went back his mind to reality and clicked to open the mail. But his heart says to run away from there so he ran to a locked classroom. And silently pushed the door. The room was pitch dark and nothing was seen clearly. He closed the door and sat at the corner. He finally gathered all his courage and opened the mail and downloaded the list in the pdf.

The list is made in descending order as per the lowest marks to highest.

20-Choi jinwoo

19- Kim Jisoo

18-Karen

17-Park Bogum

16- Minjae

...

...

..

...

..

..

.

.

7- Jennie

6- Byun Baekhyun

5-Jung Hoseok

4- Park Chanyeol

3- Lisa

2-Min Yoongi [my eyes scrunched]

1- Jeongguk.

What the actual fuck....

Why my name is not here? For goodness sake I submitted my assignment and out of everything that Guk guy got the chance. We even solve the whole paper together. Our answers were matched. I rechecked them again. Its not like he uploaded another one cause we all submitted together and on the same site than why only he is considered. What the real hell, all my friends got selected and even Jennie got selected. Where did things got wrong. He scrollled the whole list again swallowing all the names as he can't able to find his name.

Is this really how this going to be?

I started crying while thinking of all the possibilities where things actually started to go wrong. I submitted all questions and even at the correct time. Why??

Why god why you have to be like this with me. I...I what did I did so wrong?

I started sniffing and almost cursing god and other for all the wrong life decisions I've ever made. I really wanted to take part in this project so badly.

I started crying and when I cry my eyes become glossy, nose turned pink and my face got puffy. Its as almost anyone can understand by the look of my face that I cried my hearts out. But I don't want to show that look to anyone cause it makes me look so weak and I am not weak. But I really feeling very bad and all this feels so wrong.

Suddenly a hand come from behind and I almost started to shout my lungs out. But it never came out cause it immediately stopped by the person.

"Hushh... baby why are you crying?" His voice was so soft and it was so calming. [No it was not jeongguk.]

"Wh..Who are you?" I said while rubbing my sniffing nose.

"I am Seojoon from the electrical department second year."