awkward conversations

Its been awhile since we got in Florida, the time is 6pm now and we are driving to the Hampton's house..when I told Heather about my engagement she literally squealed then realised that I only want to be with Adam.

I wanted to be Mrs Renae, but i don't possess that status. I tried convincing myself that I'll be the happiest wife to ever life, but my heart knows that only Adam can me happy.

Nobody else.

I pulled out my earphones and listened to summer walker and doja cat while resting head on the window in the backseat. My mom was grining and raping some 2010 rap music.

Don't ask.

My mom and step Dad might be in their late forties but they still have young souls unlike me who acts like a 50-year-old

Lol i'm kidding

I looked outside the window to see we have come to a stop. I'm so not ready to meet the Hamptons, apparently I've met them when I was like 13 years old and every time they came I was either busy with homework or at Heather's house honestly I don't even know.

I was just always busy only teenagers will understand,

Today, I was meeting them for the first time since I was 12.

I rested my head slowly on the window and pretended to fall asleep, mom shook me but I groened and still kept my eyes shut, that's when mom opened the door on the other side and pulled legs causing me to lend on the car seats with my head.

I give up a woman!

I give up, Sheesh lemme get my brain functioning again.

I finally got up and went out,  I heard dad mumble to mom. 'She's just like you, no doubt about that, babe,'  and mom playfully pushed his shoulder as we three walked up the porch of a large classic, beautiful 2storey house...more like a mansion.

The house seemed warm and welcoming from the outside. maybe marrying the Hampton's son wouldn't be a bad idea after all.

I fixed my hair and applied my lip balm as mom rang the door bell and almost immediately a beautiful brunnete opened the door, she and mom started squealing like their teenagers who scored a goal with the schools bad boy.

Lmao

Anyways, while the moms were hugging a dirty blonde man appeared from behind the brunette woman hugging my mum,

And stopped dead in his track then his doritos slipped from his hands and he looked annoyed with the snacks as he picked them up and ate them after his little doritos moment and did I mention the moms are still hugging?

The man walked to my step-dad and tried to do a handshake, which my step-dad refused. This man is like my bio dad with a different face, they have the same aura and humor to them.

"No man, don't you dare touch me with those doritos hands," my step-dad dad said in an ewww tone.

The man shakes his head amused rhen he rubbed his salts on dads face, and Dad sweared at the man who laughed out loud.

"Damon!! What the fuck dude. I'll get you back you moron" dad playfully glared at the man I now know as Damon.

I awkwardly stood there rocking on my heels while the moms were sqeezing each other to death and the dad arguing about that little incident.

I don't have the courage to clear my throat so what should I do just then there were lights behind us and turing I saw a BMW park next to our car

A lady wearing a mid thigh black dress stepped out. She wore matching heels and she looked like a model from a magazine.