Gregor

I was woken up by tossing and turning. I set up and saw Gregor groan I in his sleep.

"No... no... no!" He yelled as he shot up.

"Shh, it's okay baby. It's okay." I said as I gently touched his face.

He closed his eyes and let out a gasp.

"Sorry... nightmare." He whispered as he leaned into my touch.

"It's okay, I'm here... and you're safe." I said softly.

He nodded his head and laid back down.

"Want to talk about it?" I asked softly.

"I was... back in the war..... but... you were there and-"

"It's okay.... I'm okay." I said as I took his hand and put it over my heart.

"Do you feel that.... that's my heart beating.... just feel it." I said softly.

He let out a sigh and pressed his forehead against mine.

"I love you." He said softly.

"I love you too." I said softly.

He sent me a smile and kissed my forehead before pulling me into his arms and lying back down. It didn't take us long to fall asleep, though I did wait until I heard his light snoring before I closed my eyes.

It had been a few weeks since he had his nightmare and everything was going great. It wasn't until Rex and Wolffe came to visit that it changed. Wolffe was outside practicing it's a gun when I saw Gregor leave the house and walk to the barn. I quietly followed him and when I found him he had his hands over his ears and his eyes closed, rocking back and forth.

"Gregor, baby it's okay... it's (Y/n)." I said as I stood a few feet away.

"Make it stop." He groaned out.

"Wolffe! Stop shooting that damn gun!" I yelled out the door.

"Sorry!" He yelled back before he went inside the house.

I turned to look at Gregor and slowly walked towards him.

"It's okay, you're safe.... we are both safe." I said as I gently took his hands away from his ears.

He opened his eyes and looked up at me with tears streaming down his face.

"It's okay." I said softly.

He pulled me into a tight embrace and cried into my shoulder. I gently rubbed his back and kissed his forehead.

"It's okay." I whispered as he cried into my chest.

I felt a single tear fall down my cheek as I listened to his sobs, knowing that no matter how hard I tried, the war would always be stuck in his head.... and mine.