Anakin

I was finishing up on a few reports when my door was burst down. I quickly hid under my desk before they saw me.

"Where is she?" A voice asked.

"I don't know! She is probably with the Jedi guarding her!" My guard exclaimed.

"Find her now. Dooku will have our head if we don't bring her to him." The voice ordered.

I kept hidden and silently hopped Anakin would arrive soon. They made it around the desk and I held my breath.

"I'm sorry, but you don't have an appointment." A cocky voice said.

The bounty hunter let out a growl and pulled his gun out and fired at Anakin. I kept hidden and waited until I heard the bounty hunter fly out the window before crawling out from under my desk. He sent me a smile and put an arm around my shoulder.

"Let's get you out of here Senator." He said sweetly.

I shook my head and allowed him to lead me away. When we had made it to my house I let out a sigh and plopped down on my couch. I covered my face with my hands and tried to calm my breathing. I let out a small yelp as I felt hands gently take mine and pull them away from my face. I looked up and came face to face with Anakin.

"Hey, you're safe." He said as he sent me a smile.

"I know... I was just worried about you." I said softly.

"You should already know by now... I have no plans of going anywhere." He said as he captured my lips with his.

I smiled against his lips and gently pulled him closer.

...

"You lied." I whispered as I looked at the gravestone.

I felt tears stream down my face as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned my head to see I was alone and let out another sob. I turned back around to look at the grave and gently placed the flowers down.

"Goodbye Ani." I whispered as I traced his name.

Here lies Anakin Skywalker
Beloved Husband and Jedi Master
Killed protecting those he loved